BellaOnline
There are motels around the lake and opportunities for sports such as kayaking, fishing, water skiing, and assorted camping opportunities. If you are there in summer and have come from the Los Angeles area or one of the deserts, enjoy the greenery and cooler temperatures.

Lake Isabella - East of Bakersfield

An enjoyable break from the desert heat in Southern California ... enjoy!
Isabella Lake, as it is also called offers a period of rest that is not too far from Bakersfield.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Lake Isabella - East of Bakersfield - 10/03/12 12:26 AM
I remember going on a few camping trips with friends to this beautiful lake. We cooled off by jumping in.
Lori, I can sure tell you love California!
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Lake Isabella - East of Bakersfield - 10/04/12 06:57 PM
Yes, I do but in all fairness, I haven't traveled around the US very much. I'd love to see other parts but California travel was more affordable, both time- and money-wise.

Do you ever watch Huell Howser's California's Gold program on PBS?
Lori, we don't get PBS here - I'm sure I would love it, though. Traveling to different states is great, but California offers a taste of most all the topography everywhere - well, maybe just a small taste in some areas ...
© BellaOnline Forums