BellaOnline
Posted By: lcat2004 How often do you wash your hair? - 08/01/02 02:05 AM
I've always done it daily, but I hear some don't do it every day. Why?
Posted By: Kate Ruth Re: How often do you wash your hair? - 08/01/02 03:39 AM
I need to wash my hair daily. I produce an inordinate amount of oil on my scalp and I have twice the number of hair follicles on my scalp than most people - so I have REALLY thick hair, that produces oil and doesn't "breathe" well. YUCK!!!

So, I wash daily with a gentle shampoo - so that I can clean my scalp yet not kill my hair and turn it into permanent broken frizzies. And, the thinning shears are my bi-monthly lunch dates! LOL

Kitty
It does'nt hurt anything to shampoo everyday if you need too or just feel better about it..as long as you use a gentle shampoo that is formulated for your hair type.
I usually wash mine every other day because it does not get oily and it has so much uneven natural curl it takes more styling time than I want to devote to it everyday. It also sometimes looks better and more controled the second day!
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: How often do you wash your hair? - 09/13/15 04:05 PM
Daily. If I don't I feel dirty even if my hair does not look like it's dirty.
I have dry curly hair, so I tend to condition or 'co-wash' much more than I shampoo. I tend to shampoo twice or three times a month, but I condition every day or every other day. When I condition, I scrub my scalp with the pads of my fingers to remove the oil. Before I shower, I check to see if my hair or scalp feels greasy or oily, and if it does, I'll shampoo it.
Posted By: moorebeverly89 Re: How often do you wash your hair? - 12/04/15 01:35 AM
I wash my hair regularly. I wash them with cold water and use coconut oil rather than other creams or oils.
Posted By: Shobhit Re: How often do you wash your hair? - 04/18/16 12:29 AM
I wash my hair on every single day...
Now that I'm a senior I wash my hair about every 3rd day. When I was a teen and a ballet dancer I washed it every day. smile
Posted By: CassieLyons Re: How often do you wash your hair? - 04/23/16 10:36 PM
I wash my hair every other day. I have thick hair but it's dry (not dandruff/flaky, etc just dry). Even at the end of the second day it still doesn't have any grease/oil I just refuse to go longer. If I wash it every day it becomes itchy and extremely dry no matter what shampoo I use.
Posted By: jodirose Re: How often do you wash your hair? - 10/13/17 09:36 PM
I think it depends on your hair type no?
Posted By: Angel S. Class Re: How often do you wash your hair? - 04/18/18 06:41 AM
I wash my hair daily with conditioner and shampoo!!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: How often do you wash your hair? - 01/27/21 03:03 AM
With the pandemic and also some water heater problems I'm showering far less often. I find my hair is getting dry and unhealthy as a result. I need to get that water heater fixed so I can get back to daily showers and conditioner ...
Posted By: Krztypie Re: How often do you wash your hair? - 03/29/21 06:06 PM
I also wash it every day and use a conditioner
Posted By: Ballewomen Re: How often do you wash your hair? - 05/04/21 07:52 PM
I wash it everyday, I don't feel comfortable if I don't especially during summer
© BellaOnline Forums