BellaOnline
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Car Title Transfer Issue - 08/23/12 07:53 AM
Hi Steve:

I don't know if this is the right spot to ask this question - so let me know if it is not.

What are the possible solutions to the following situation?

Car title of car gifted to a person has not been transferred out of my name. Car is in another state. I did get the tag canceled - which is on the car, so that is a done deal. Tag office in that state told me to check with them the end of next month which is my birthday month to make sure the title was transferred.

To be honest, I don't have a good feeling about this as it is my ex-boyfriend and I won't bore you with the 4 years of hell with him, but will say - he would have no problem with continuing to use the car without transferring the title.

It has been a while since I visited and see you have had some AWESOME material posted. Way to go!!!!! smile
Posted By: Steve - Cars Re: Car Title Transfer Issue - 09/16/12 03:52 PM
Hi Angela,

You should be able to transfer the title (ownership) of the car to another person if that's what you want to do.
If you still own the vehicle meaning you own the title, you can legally get the vehicle back if you're concerned about it being driven by someone else who doesn't intend to take ownership.
I would contact the Title department of the local DMV office to you if you don't find the other DMV office helpful.
Waiting for something to happen is probably not a solution in this case.
I hope this helps and good luck!

Steve
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Car Title Transfer Issue - 09/17/12 03:58 AM
Hi Steve:

Yes it does help!

Thank you,
© BellaOnline Forums