BellaOnline
According to Les Grossman in Time magazine. "It takes, on average, 16 minu. 33 sec. for a worker interuppted by an e-mail to get back to what she or he was doing."

Would you agree?

I do.
I would say longer depending on the type of email. Sometimes I get really important emails from my web host about serious issues other times I get important webinar notices from my marketing coaches and it takes time to read this stuff then to go sign up or review info they're sending.

15 min. would probably be a minimal amount of time for me. Some days it's more like 2 hours to deal with one email but it isn't stuff I can just put aside and ignore.

Fun email can also be distracting but can also be a nice break and I would say that type of email takes about 5 min. at most to deal with i.e. massive sale at DSW, amazon offer, fb update from family member, etc.
Thanks Monica. I totally agree with you. Sometimes it does take longer. I can be working on a project, check an e-mail that will lead me to something else, then something else, then something else again and before I know it, the day is over and I never did finish what I started before I checked that email. :-0
I can actually believe that except that the length is probably too much. I do not work but when I am supposed to do something but before check my emails if I have one or more it does interrupt what I was about to do and it even sometimes makes me forget what I was supposed to do.
© BellaOnline Forums