BellaOnline
Posted By: Jennifer-Living Simply When To Say No - 07/15/08 06:41 PM
Are you a chronic people-pleaser who is beginning to feel overwhelmed? Please check out my article for some tips on how to climb out of that hole, and let me know what you think!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: salento Re: When To Say No - 07/16/08 08:56 AM
I think I have the opposite problem - I say no too often and have to let YES into my life!
Posted By: joanj Re: When To Say No - 07/16/08 06:15 PM
Years ago I read a little book called "When I say No I Feel Guilty" that gave some of the same tips as your article. I am a person who can say no but then I feel guilty and second guess myself.

I think we all have to set boundaries and then stick to those. Decided what we will and won't do for others. I babysit some for my stepdaughter so she doesn't have to pay for daycare but I set limits on it. Otherwise, I'd be overwhelmed and angry. For my own sake, I have to set limits and know just what I'm willing to contribute to the daycare effort before it gets to be a burden.

I guess my tip would be to consider ahead of time what you will or won't do and then stick to it. That gives you a chance to know within yourself just why you are saying yes or no. It keeps you from being overwhelmed by over committing yourself.
Posted By: Jennifer-Living Simply Re: When To Say No - 07/17/08 03:35 AM
I agree, Joan! That is hard for me too sometimes... I sometimes tell myself I'll say no when the question comes and end up saying yes, so I had to work on that!
© BellaOnline Forums