BellaOnline
Posted By: makesyoulaugh "My Strange Addiction" - 02/16/11 07:22 PM
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: "My Strange Addiction" - 02/16/11 07:37 PM
That show is fascinating. It's interesting to me to see the psychology of alternative lifestyles. In the case of these people, however, there is something broken in their belief systems that drive them to such harmful behaviors.

But those addictions are not the problem. They are the symptoms of the real underlying issue. They use these behaviors as a way to cope. The thing is that the methods they're using to "cope" is causing more harm.
Posted By: makesyoulaugh Re: "My Strange Addiction" - 02/16/11 07:58 PM
The thing is that the methods they're using to "cope" is causing more harm. Hi , Thanx for your reply. I also find this show fascinating. About the chosen "coping" behavior; This is why I think a behavior is chosen, as a cry out for help. People have to be aware that ingesting toxic chemical and substances is ticking time bomb behavior.
Posted By: Tina - Living Simply Re: "My Strange Addiction" - 02/16/11 08:42 PM
What's the name of the show? I like watching Hoarders and Obsessed, but I haven't seen this one.
Posted By: makesyoulaugh Re: "My Strange Addiction" - 02/17/11 02:02 PM
Hi Tina, Thanks for posting. The name of the show I'm refering to is titled "My Strange Addiction" you'll find it on TLC network.
© BellaOnline Forums