BellaOnline
Posted By: mumofjj autism - 04/27/07 08:23 AM
Hi,

Just stumbled across this site, I have a 9 year old autistic son who is on the lower end of the spectrum with limited speech. My son attends an asd school using pecs and teacch school/home. Just wondering if any other parents of autistic children on this site would know what F.O.T is abbreviated for in my son's areas of concern on i.e.p? Just received today. Thanks.

I look forward to chatting to parents here.

mumofjj
Posted By: Special Needs Mom Re: autism - 04/27/07 04:34 PM
Hi there. Just wanted to let you know that I responded on your other post in the Health and Fitness forum.

Hope it helps!

Anna
Posted By: SNC_Editor_Pam Re: autism - 05/03/07 04:10 AM
I think you will need to ask your son's teacher what it stands for at your school. F.O.T. could stand for anything from 'fear of transition, teacher, or talking' to 'funding of therapy, or technology' to 'focus on toy, or toes' - I have not heard of it, or seen it in the lists of disability and education related acronyms at the Family Village website at
www.familyvillage.wisc.edu/general/ref.html

There is a boardmaker discussion group at yahoo groups that might know if it is communication related.

Let us know what you find out!

Pam W
SE of Seattle

Autism Spectrum Disorders
BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
© BellaOnline Forums