BellaOnline
Posted By: Sharry - Cycling Editor Winter plans - 09/10/10 04:21 AM
As much as I hate to say it, the winter season is fast approaching. Here in Alaska, the leaves are already falling, but so far no snow yet.

I'm curious to know how you keep satisfying your cycling passion when the weather's too inclement to ride. Me - I like to read cycling travelogues and peruse touring company websites for rides to dream about.

Chime in and let us know what you do. Do you have a favorite book that makes your legs want to pedal? Is there a website you'd recommend? I'm sure I'm not alone in needing some inspiratation throughout the long winter months.
Posted By: Sandy - Golf+Tennis Pro Re: Winter plans - 09/10/10 06:19 AM
It's early September here in sunny California and my tennis match was rained out last weekend. The weather is crazy this year.

I like riding the bike at the gym listening to the same music I do when riding outside in nice weather. It kind of helps to bring back good memories.
Posted By: Sharry - Cycling Editor Re: Winter plans - 09/14/10 04:32 PM
I keep telling myself I'm going to set up the wonderful wind trainer my husband bought me a few years ago so I can keep cycling all winter, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I guess I need to find something to distract my while I ride to nowhere.

I'm a bit jealous of sunny California. I've always lived in Alaska, but I was thinking yesterday that if I ever move to another state, I want to choose somewhere where the cycling is good all year.
© BellaOnline Forums