BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Mountain Biking or Road Biking? - 03/10/08 01:31 AM
I adore mountain biking, and I thought my boyfriend did too. We did a ton of mountain biking when we first met and we both own one of each bike (he also owns a hybrid or two).

However I was just asking him tonight if we could get the bikes prepped for biking this year - something we haven't done in a year or two - and he said he'd rather just road bike!! I hate road biking, with the cars whizzing by and the grates and such. I would MUCH rather be on a woody trail with no cars at all, surrounded by forest and nature. It is a bit of a shock to me.

Which way do you tend? Towards the trail or towards the road?
I'm with you Lisa! A choice of the two, I'd definitely prefer to ride trails and to be surrounded by nature rather than to slug it out on the roads! Especially if you're having to commute in a busy city too. Having said that though it can be so enjoyable to ride along a smooth surface.

I have a nice large park just down the road to where I live that's got some wide tarmac paths that wrap around the copses creating a big circuit around the park. Always fun to do a few laps and it has a few gentle hills too so great for some more vigorous workouts too.

Is there anything like that close to where you live? might make a good solution for you and your boyfriend, especially as you're both just getting back into the swing of things after a couple years break!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Mountain Biking or Road Biking? - 03/17/08 07:10 AM
There's a short bike trail nearby - I'll have to see if I can track down longer ones. There's a nice 26 mile one on Cape Cod but that's a few hours away.

We shall see!
© BellaOnline Forums