BellaOnline
easterA senior can be 50 and older in MY opinion. And yes, I know some establishments say it is 65 and older smile

What do you like about being 50 or older?

Me, age 52, being wiser (lol)
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: What do you like about being a senior? - 11/21/10 09:55 PM
What do i like about being a senior
"NOTHING"
Hi Rosie, I was so EXCITED when I saw you were online and now you are gone. We don't get a chance to be online at the SAME time these days. Oh well, maybe next time smile
Posted By: Angie Re: What do you like about being a senior? - 11/25/10 02:04 AM
I've recently retired and am sooo busy and loving every minute of it.
Well, GOOD for you!!!

I am 52 and don't think I will ever retire - just retire to doing what I want to do when I want to do it (lol).

I am the type of person who cannot just sit and do nothing.
Posted By: sara1955 Re: What do you like about being a senior? - 11/25/10 05:05 PM
I'm 55, "retired" due to horrid health (anyone know where I can buy a good, used body?), and going back to school online. Being this old (I LOVE IT!) and not having responsibility for a job and children, other than the 4-legged kind, has given me the freedom to finally pursue my dream of a degree.

Even with less than satisfactory health, I've been blessed.
Hi Sara1955, AWESOME!!!

So what are you going back to school for?

And what 4-legged kind do you have?

I will keep an eye out for a "good, used body" (LOL)
Posted By: sara1955 Re: What do you like about being a senior? - 11/25/10 09:24 PM
I'm working toward the completion of my BA in history (Early European Studies). This'll show my son, he always calls me "Oh Ancient One" .. I'll dazzle him with Greeks and Romans until he's in a dead zone LOL.

I have 2 long=hair dachshunds: the black/tan one is Corky, he's almost 8. The Red is Cyndar (Cyndar Ellah) and she's just turned 6. Also, my roommate has an ooooolllllldddddd min-pin (he's something like 15 or 16 and the only living one from his litter and from the litter following his litter).

I'd toss in a picture, but I'm forgotten how and I'm too lazy to try LOL
Hi Sara, we have a 5 year old Jack Russell Terrier by the name of Jeremiah. He is really my boyfriend's son's dog, but with him being overseas in Korea (Air Force) he is now ours. The plan was to give him back, but we have gotten so attached to him, that is not happening (lol).

Congrats on returning to school, at the age of 52, I need to complete my 2 year degree I started and did not finish. In Jamaica (where I was born) we get out of high school at age 16, less years compared to the US, but decided at age 18 I was no longer interested. Had one more class to finish.

Oh well, never too late to return and like you would like to do this online in 2011.

My only child graduated with her Bachelor's in IT this May - proud of her and kept my foot in her butt as I was not about to have her make my mistake. It is best to go ahead and get it done right out of high school. She is going back for her Master's.
Posted By: Astera Re: What do you like about being a senior? - 05/25/11 05:50 AM
Usually, being a senior means that people will treat you with more respect, you must be more independant than previous years, and were to do what you pleased, the youngers will look up to you.
LOL Astera, I don't know where you are located, but in my location I am lucky if I get a seat on the bus when it is full(lol). It is like all these YOUNG folks will not get up and offer. Sad in indeed frown I have salt & pepper hair, so they know I am the older generation... Gone are the days when your age brought you respect. Now to be honest, once in a while/lol, I will get the respect and I make sure the young person knows how much I appreciate this smile
Hello there Youngsters!

I have decided to get old or go 'senior' from age 75. And it's the heights I like ... see the older one gets the higher the floor one has access to so the better the view. Cool.

Cheers

Okay Ms. 75 year old Senior Citizen - as usual, you made me giggle blush The bottom line - age is but a number. I will be 53 in a few months and keep forgetting(lol). Feel younger than I was feeling in my 20's. I guess I now KNOW myself and about life... Helps with removing the "baggage" and enjoying my life!

Originally Posted By: Lestie - ContainerGardens
Hello there Youngsters!

I have decided to get old or go 'senior' from age 75. And it's the heights I like ... see the older one gets the higher the floor one has access to so the better the view. Cool.

Cheers

Hello Hello Hello!

Am not quite there yet! I am happy to say I am not fussed about growing old, just about growing up! I turn 60 in August so we will all have to have a virtual celebratory party.

Cheers now
Ha, ha - yes we do need to. I turn 53 in September. We need to find out if there are any others who would love to join our virtual celebration of being young wink

Originally Posted By: Lestie - ContainerGardens
Hello Hello Hello!

Am not quite there yet! I am happy to say I am not fussed about growing old, just about growing up! I turn 60 in August so we will all have to have a virtual celebratory party.

Cheers now
I agree with you Astera that being a senior means that people will treat you with more respect, you must be more independant than previous years, and were to do what you pleased, the youngers will look up to you.
Oh, my goodness...Angela J. Shirley and Lestie!!! I had NO idea you were "seniors" at all because you both exude a youthful energy in your words and thoughts here in the forums.

I am a new senior. Turned 51 this year. I can't believe it, really. I told my husband, "You will be an official senior next year. The menu at Denny's says it." He'll turn 55 next year. He still looks young, maybe early 40s. Well, if they say that 40 is the new 20, then 50 is the new 30...and so on.

I don't feel 30, but I do feel ten years younger. And I'm glad. I am liking the maturing process quite well, thank you.

*not concerned about the petty and unimportant.
*more understanding, tolerant, and accepting of people.
*can relax and enjoy all the amazing things about life, large and small.
*can see the wisdom of how life unfolds for people.
*live with more gratitude, peace, and joy!

I live with a different attitude. We all are merely passing through this place called earth for a short time so I choose what experiences, lessons, growth, relationships and love that I want to carry to home with me. And I try to help make this earth a little better in my own way and to help others ease their troubles they may be experiencing on their journey. Only lately, I'm seeing that I, too, have a role to play here. I may not travel to Africa to help on a nature reserve or to care for the orphans in the Ukraine or find water in arid lands for the locals or fund brain research to help us tap the power and potential of this magnificent organ of ours...all fantastic causes that touch my heart.

But I can do what I can do. Getting older has taught me that this is sufficient.

Peace and joy to you.

© BellaOnline Forums