BellaOnline
Posted By: mary-tea1 What are your favorites? - 11/06/09 02:58 AM
I love classic films w/Cary Grant!!

Mary Caliendo
Posted By: Maureen-Twisted artist Re: What are your favorites? - 11/06/09 03:14 AM
Arsenic and Old Lace is my favorite.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: What are your favorites? - 11/06/09 06:01 AM
An Affair to Remember is mine with Cary Grant
Posted By: YogaEditor Re: What are your favorites? - 11/06/09 02:21 PM
The Grand Hotel - w/Garbo, Barrymores

Nancy
BellaOnline Yoga Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: What are your favorites? - 11/06/09 07:49 PM
And I get nostalgic at the holiday time, b/c all the old great movies are shown (the holiday movies)Just love them!

Mary Caliendo
Posted By: Craig58 Re: What are your favorites? - 01/11/10 03:56 AM
It's hard to name just one classic.

I like classic films with Jimmy Stewart, Humphrey Bogart, James Cagney, Cary Grant, Kirk Douglas, Jack Lemmon, Walter Matheau, James Garner, Katherine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn and many more.
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: What are your favorites? - 01/11/10 05:24 AM
I don't think this is a classic, but my leadership cohort required us to watch movies. I just saw 12 Angry Men with a young Henry Fonda. Excellent movie!
Posted By: Craig58 Re: What are your favorites? - 01/13/10 12:59 AM
That is an excellent film.
Posted By: Vannie Re: What are your favorites? - 01/20/10 02:58 PM
I love most old movies but my some of my favorites are "The Women", "The Thin Man" and "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." I started to have real appreciation for classics after seeing these movies.
Posted By: Craig58 Re: What are your favorites? - 02/05/10 03:23 PM
There are too many classic movies I like to list.

P.S. What do we define as being a classic film? Does classic mean a film from a specific time period or what?
Posted By: Claybird Re: What are your favorites? - 02/06/10 12:05 AM
I think a classic film is one that lasts. It is remembered and viewed again and again long after it first came out. What percentage of films end up becoming classics, do you think? One or 2 percent, maybe?
Posted By: Craig58 Re: What are your favorites? - 02/11/10 05:28 PM
Two percent might be a high percentage. Consider there are at least a hundred or more new movies every year. With 52 weeks a year that means a lot of movies need to be made to keep the theaters full. Two perecent would mean that there must be about two or more classic movies released each year. I don't think there are twenty or more classic movies for every decade since the 1930s. If there were that many every year then we should have a total of at least 160, probably more, classic movies to reach a level of two percent of all films made in the United States alone since 1930. The number would have to be even far higher to reach two percent of all films made if you include all films made worldwide. The true percent of films, that a majority of people can agree on as being classic, is probably less than one percent.
Posted By: shellykane Re: What are your favorites? - 02/19/10 07:15 AM
Actually i am too much love to see oldies some of them are the sound of music,evil dead,gone with the wind etc.... [url=http://themastercleanse.org/the-lemonade-diet]the lemonide diet detox[/url]
Posted By: Alicia Jacqueline S Re: What are your favorites? - 02/19/10 02:10 PM
I love anything with Marlene Dietrich, especially Blue Angel, Blonde Venus, Morocco, The Devil is a Woman, and The Flame of New Orleans. There were so many amazing actresses back then... also Garbo, Davis, Crawford... As for male actors, Bogie is my favorite, especially Treasure of the Sierra Madre. *AJ*
Posted By: thungy Re: What are your favorites? - 04/14/10 10:49 PM
I love most old movies but my some of my favorites are "The Women", "The Thin Man" and "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." I started to have real appreciation for classics after seeing this movie. [URL=http://www.jmfcoutinho.com]the nanny dvd[/URL] its a MUST watch...
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: What are your favorites? - 05/12/10 06:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Craig58
There are too many classic movies I like to list.

P.S. What do we define as being a classic film? Does classic mean a film from a specific time period or what?

Well, since a car is considered classic after 25 years, maybe we can by that? Any movie 25 years or older should definitely be a classic.
Posted By: Craig58 Re: What are your favorites? - 05/13/10 12:28 AM
Any film older than 25 years is could be the first requirement for it being considered a classic.

So, at present, that would include any film released in 1985 or earlier.
Posted By: Susan-Colleges Re: What are your favorites? - 07/17/10 07:14 PM
There are a lot of great classic films. I agree that Cary Grant films are great. One of my favorites is North by Northwest. But there are so many of these films I love. A few of my other favorites are Breakfast at Tiffany's, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Peyton Place, and Imitation of Life.
Posted By: Smiera Re: What are your favorites? - 08/06/10 12:20 PM
I can only watch James Cagney's classic movie otherwise I prefer to watch some actions and horror flicks in my leisure.Yes, classic movies having their own grace at all.
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: What are your favorites? - 08/06/10 01:28 PM
Casablanca
and of course others with Bogart

And, yes, most anything with Cary Grant.

But how about Hepburn and Tracey films? Sparks fly.

You can see I've gone beyond the 25 years for classics -- I guess these are vintage classics!
Posted By: Craig58 Re: What are your favorites? - 08/06/10 04:23 PM
I think many of us here agree that almost any film that includes:

Humphrey Bogart
Jimmy Cagney
Cary Grant
Jimmy Stewart
Kate Hepburn
Spencer Tracy
and many other great actors and actresses are Classic films.
© BellaOnline Forums