BellaOnline
Those looking for a holiday getaway in Florida should check out Amelia Island Plantation. This resort offers several special events in the coming months, including Georgia-Florida gameday activities, a holiday light celebration and Christmas festivities. For more information, visit www.aipfl.com. Also, check out Southeast USA at BellaOnline.com in the coming weeks for my review of this property.
My daughter and I live in Central Florida near Orlando. We haven't been to Amelia island yet but we want to one day. Last year we were on Sanibel Island for Christmas and the week after. We had a wonderful time. The weather was nice enough that we could swim in the pool and play in the ocean. We collected sea shells and had a great time.
You definitely should plan a visit. In addition to the great amenities at the resort, the island itself offers a lot of fun places to explore, such as Fernandina Beach and Fort Clinch State Park.
Seems like I read (or saw on a travel show) that on Amelia Island you can find alot of sharks teeth. My daughter and I need to get up there and check it out.
I haven't heard that, but I could see where it would be true. I hope you and your daughter are able to visit soon. If so, I'd love to hear back from you on your experience.
I haven't yet been to Amelia Island, but Sanibel's a charm -- in fact I've two articles on the Bella's Island Travel site that you might be interested in viewing: She Sees Seashells by Sanibel's Seashore and Sweet Sanibel Island.

Cheers,
Megan
Originally Posted By: MK_IslandTravel
I haven't yet been to Amelia Island, but Sanibel's a charm -- in fact I've two articles on the Bella's Island Travel site that you might be interested in viewing: She Sees Seashells by Sanibel's Seashore and Sweet Sanibel Island.

Cheers,
Megan

If I ever win the lottery (which I don't play to begin with) I would buy a nice place on Sanibel or the island next door Captiva and spend my days walking the beaches picking up sea shells.
© BellaOnline Forums