BellaOnline
Posted By: Danielle Primetime TV K-Ville - 09/24/07 08:55 PM
Talk about K-Ville here!
Posted By: Comics_Editor Re: K-Ville - 09/24/07 08:57 PM
I caught the first episode last week and it was ok. It didn't seem to be anything groundbreaking. The locale of a post-Katrina New Orleans is interesting though, especially with the influx of crime they really do have there.

However, this show comes on opposite Heroes. Unless they change that, it's going to go the way of the dodo. This show is not strong enough to compete.
Posted By: Danielle Primetime TV Re: K-Ville - 09/24/07 08:59 PM
Hey Travis! Thanks for posting! I hope you stick around.

I totally agree. I will probably try to catch this On Demand if it's available. Nothing can keep me from watching Heroes.

Posted By: Comics_Editor Re: K-Ville - 09/24/07 09:06 PM
lol I'll be around. I'm a TV-addict. And yea, I can't think of any TV show that I would watch over Heroes. I even log off World of Warcraft to watch it. That is a feat in and of itself.lol
Posted By: Danielle Primetime TV Re: K-Ville - 09/24/07 09:09 PM
Whoa, that is a feat. My partner Tony is all about the games. I am not as coordinated with the controls, having been weaned on Atari 2600. Warlords and Adventure are about as good as I get.

Right now he is addicted to Overlord on XBox360 and some other game called Darkness. If I never hear the little troll say, "You choose ALL" in his little troll voice again, it will be too soon! wink

Also, yay for more TV addicts!
Posted By: MB2345 Re: K-Ville - 09/24/07 09:28 PM
I watched the pilot of K-Ville. The actors are likable, especially Anthony Anderson as Marlin Boulet. But the show itself is workmanlike and can't compare to the level of acting and writing on a cop drama like The Closer for example. The only thing it's got going for it is the amazing New Orleans locale. I'm with Travis the Comics Editor: I think that K-Ville is doomed up against Heroes, which I don't plan to miss either!
Posted By: Danielle Primetime TV Re: K-Ville - 09/24/07 09:31 PM
Hi Karm! It's great to have you here!

(I'm very excited that people are talking about their favorite shows here!)

You are the second person to recommend The Closer recently. Another one for the Netflix queue! smile
© BellaOnline Forums