BellaOnline
So many of us are really busy in our lives and it's sometimes really hard to get time to quilt. I've just written an article on Making time to Quilt on the Quilt Website. Pop over and have a read.

In the meantime, do you have any good ideas for making time to quilt, even when you're time poor? Add your tip here and it will help all our Bellaonline readers.

cheerio for now
Posted By: conniem Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? - 01/08/10 12:49 PM
I tried to find your article, but missed it somehow. I did enjoy the quilting terms article though. I have been working on a quilt lately and I seem to work in the evening or bargain with myself...hurry and do housework and ect and have time to quilt! My hubby seems to think that is all I do (working on quilt) as I sew in the evening. I usually sew during football and have come to love football games! Connie
Hi Judie, You are so right! Unless we make "an appointment" for ourselves in this busy world the things which are important to us, but not urgent never get done! As a professional quilter, I love quilting, it is my world. However, I found that my paying customers are always getting priority, and so they should! I really wanted to work on my own exhibition quilt, so I made a rule that every week day morning I would just work for one hour FIRST in the day on this project. If you would like to see it, visit my blog BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
For me, having my sewing machine always set up & not having to "tidy up" my sewing, means, I can sew for 10 mins or 10 hours (who would have that luxury or the stamina!). I am fortunate in that my sewing area is shared with my office (we work from home) - so I look at my machine all the time. Sometimes, it sits & taunts me - I should be doing officework & it's saying - "Come & play!". I agree with you Judie, have those little projects that you can take are wonderful - now I just have to get organised enough to have all those little porjects ready!
Yes, it is always hard to allocate time to yourself whether it be for stitching or just sitting during the day with a good book. Running the shop all week selling beautiful fabrics is certainly inspiring.My hubby always says I am a nicer person to be around after I have spent an afternoon in my sewing room. That should be reason enough to allocate time don't you think. I spend time in my sewing room to make my husband happy!!! Penny The Patchwork Angel
Posted By: gammy Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? - 04/24/11 11:44 PM
I can make time to quilt by having my sewing room set up and ready to go. I have a couple of projects on the go so I can go with hte mood I am in. I also sew during sport on telly - my hubby feels he is a quilting widower at times. He also supports my addiction as I am definitely a happier person when I have been sewing. My kids all think I am a quilting nerd - they just don't "get" the pleasure it brings out in me. They do however love the quilt presents! Deb
© BellaOnline Forums