BellaOnline
For some of us, the Christmas season gives us the opportunity to make hand made gifts for our friends and family.

I recently made a few hardanger bookmarks for some lovely ladies I met on Norfolk Island.

I wonder what you are making for your gifts for Christmas. Let us know here, on the Quilting forum.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Cheerio for now
What to give a 17 yr. old grandson? At the last minute I decided to make him a cushion with his name appliqued on the front. He is very artistic and apparently he is going to "do up" his room over the holidays so according to his older brother it is a good choice. Let's hope so!
I have made two "HERE WE GROW" charts by Joanne Wietgrefe for my two great grandbabies. Such fun! And by request of a daughter-in-law I made two table runners in her favorite colors. My lady's group (4 of us who meet monthly) experimented on felting ornaments - a new technique for me. I also made an 18" tree with a styrofoam base and ornaments made from round fabric cutouts. Really cute but very labor intensive. Probably won't do that again.
Nothing quilted but I have two cross-stitched pieces for two dear friends of mine: A framed piece called "Frog Pile" for one and a box with a red silk counted thread motif in the lid for the other.
Posted By: venita Re: What gifts are you making for Christmas? - 12/15/11 05:14 PM
I have a new emb. machine, so I combined quilting and emb. to make wall hangings for my quilting friends. One was of Santas, one angels and one was a fall/Halloween theme. Our group is called "The Twisted Sisters" and we have lots of fun.
© BellaOnline Forums