BellaOnline
Hi all, I've got a dilemma. I love to quilt and hand sew. I love it with a passion. But my rear end is spreading an alarming speed and I simply must do something to get fit. I would really like to be able to quilt and exercise at the same time! Not an unreasonable wish, I think.

Have you got any ideas for me to achieve the quilting fix I need each day, with a view to reducing the bulk that is always hanging behind me LOL.

Let us all know if you've got any ideas.

Cheerio for now
well I listen to my favorite music and then when a really good one comes on I just have to get up and dance like a wild lady. makes me feel great and then I am energized for my next sewing session.
Buy an exercise bike and peddle and sew at the same time.
Get your exercise out of the way first thing in the morning. When you dedicate just 15-20 minutes of your time to intense exercise (cardio or circuit training) you can then just get on with your day instead of multi-tasking and doing both things half-assed (LOL).

A smaller butt requires focused effort : ) If you don't believe me just stop by a gym and check out the people who read on bikes. They look the same year after year and that isn't skinny. Just spreading the truth about how to get fit so don't shoot the messenger. I've been a trainer for over 12 years now and have seen this A LOT!
Hi Judie,
Don't let the things go out of your hands. If your girth is increasing then don't miss out any possible chance of getting it reduced. Just take out 45 minutes in the morning or evening (whenever its comfortable for you)and you'll be more energized for your passion i.e sewing.
If your home has more than one floor, put your ironing board on a different floor than your sewing machine. Every time you have to press a seam you will get lots of exercise!
© BellaOnline Forums