BellaOnline
Posted By: mary-tea1 Tea Room/ tea House Experiences - 06/30/08 02:16 AM
Has anyone want to share their experiences at a tea room or tea house? Does anyone have any plans to visit a tea room/houses on vacation? Let us know.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Keaghry Re: Tea Room/ tea House Experiences - 06/30/08 02:30 AM
My favorite tea room, now closed, was in New Glarus, WI, Homemade sandwiches, old fashioned desserts and peach or blackberry iced tea . . . . yum.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Tea Room/ tea House Experiences - 06/30/08 02:47 AM
Gosh that's too bad it sounded like a place that you could get cozy and feel like you were at home. I truly enjoy the old fashioned feel and the great pies and cobblers with the iced teas and reminds me of my grandmother.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Tea Room/ tea House Experiences - 07/06/08 05:51 AM
Has anyone else had a special place like Keaghry did? It's too bad when the old places like that start to disappear.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Keaghry Re: Tea Room/ tea House Experiences - 07/07/08 03:58 AM
I loved it, it was small and cozy. Funny how much places like that remind me of good times.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Tea Room/ tea House Experiences - 07/07/08 04:09 AM
Thank goodness we can hold our memories near and dear to our hearts. Thank you so much for sharing yours with us. I like your name is it a family name? Its very pretty.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Keaghry Re: Tea Room/ tea House Experiences - 07/08/08 01:08 PM
You're welcome and thank you : ) Yes, it's my family name, kind of a long story, it's my mother's maiden name, given to me and now to one of my cousin's daughters. Since we are part Irish, I chose the Irish gaelic spelling of it for my screen name.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Tea Room/ tea House Experiences - 07/09/08 09:09 PM
I kind of guessed that it was a family name of some kind,and that it was either Irish or Scotish. Very pretty. Thanks again for sharing your memories of the cozy little tea room where great memories were made.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Keaghry Re: Tea Room/ tea House Experiences - 07/09/08 09:15 PM
You're welcome, thank you too.
Posted By: rachael24 Re: Tea Room/ tea House Experiences - 07/17/08 07:01 PM
I have never been to a tea room...does anyone know a good one in the NY area?
Originally Posted By: rachael24
I have never been to a tea room...does anyone know a good one in the NY area?

I know of one in Endwell NY called the Rose Garden Tea Room. Here is the address and phone number.
104 Endwell Plz
Endwell, NY 13760
(607) 786-3319

Here is another:

La Tazza
39 S Washington St
Binghamton, NY 13903
(607) 723-6990
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Tea Room/ tea House Experiences - 07/24/08 05:02 AM
Rachel, Although I do not live in NY City, and unfortunately I also have never traveled there either, I hope that I can answer your question. In the 1960's and 70's The Russian Tea Room was very popular. I know that it closed when the original owner either got too old or had passed. Now it is open once again with the orig. owners daughter running it. But it may not be open for too long. It's being gossiped about that it isn't the same and that the daughter is running it into the ground.

Also here is a tea room directory. It is run by an already established tea business. It is a very nice site and is chok full of info. if you go to: www.teamap.com/states/state_NY_Name.html
you can insert your zip and receive listings of tea rooms in your area, along with coupons from them! I hope that this helps!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
When I was getting married for the 2nd time, 8 years ago, I asked the family to please not hold a bridal shower. (I already had a fully stocked house and did not need it.)

So in lieu of a shower my MIL and 2 SILs took me to lunch at a lovely tea room. It was delightful! The food was wonderful and the entire place was decorated with antiques and lovely things. The second floor was full of beautiful things to buy for home and self.It was a great afternoon that we all enjoyed.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Tea Room/ tea House Experiences - 08/02/08 06:22 PM
Helen, First congrats on the marriage! What a great choice! How lovely that must have been. Whether the tea room is chok full of crystal decorations or antiques, there is an elegance that goes along with a tea room. Sort of dressing up and being " a lady" for the day.

I'm glad you had a great experience. Please use that tea room guide and pass it along! Thanks!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

© BellaOnline Forums