BellaOnline
Hi everyone,
My question for today is how do you drink your tea? Do you like to drink it with a little honey or sugar? Or maybe some milk or lemon?

For me, I mostly drink my tea with a little sugar unless I'm drinking herbal tea.

I look forward to hearing from all of you and I hope you all have a great weekend!

Elizabeth
I drink my tea "Red Rose" brand only (I'm in Canada) and I add a splash of evaporated milk - no sugar. MMMMMMMM....so good with a cookie (or two)!

I really think the flavour of tea, coffee or any water based beverage is the water. I've had the same brand of tea at other places besides my home and it just doesn't seem to taste the same - but then I filter all my water so it's pretty pure water that I'm starting with.

Do you "brew" your tea or use a tea bag?

Linda

Posted By: Other Re: A good cup of tea/How do you drink yours? - 04/20/07 03:05 PM
I used to drink my tea with a teaspoon of honey, and that is still the way I drink herbal teas (except for those that are all ready sweet enough without it). But after a semester living in London, I started drinking hot tea with milk and sugar, which is how I tend to drink Earl Grey and other caffeinated teas.

Unfortunately, I hate to admit that I've taken to microwaving a tea bag lately, especially with herbal teas, rather than brewing. I used to use loose tea leaves in a porcelain teapot, but I don't do that as much anymore!

More recently, I like to take my cup of tea (or sometimes a cup of coffee with milk) with a little lemon-flavored Madeleine cake; it reminds me of Proust's "A la recherche du temps perdu" and makes me feel very literary!
Quote:
Do you "brew" your tea or use a tea bag?

For me I'm pretty much split between the two as far as preparing regular tea. The exception is herbal tea which I nearly always brew.

Thanks to all of you for your replies so far; you've shared some great ideas.
Posted By: upty Re: A good cup of tea/How do you drink yours? - 05/06/07 11:55 AM
Tea with milk and sugar. Else add a dash of cinnamon powder. Other option is to add Tea masala from India. Another way is to add crushed Cardamon and ginger when boiling. I drink only Wagh Bakri tea from India, it as brand worth trying. Tea in pure form with milk and sugar is the connoiseurs best bet.
Posted By: Yunnan Re: A good cup of tea/How do you drink yours? - 05/18/07 04:14 PM
Tea with some Spenda, everyone here makes fun of me because I sweeten my tea. I love the traditional blacks and Yunnans.
Posted By: joanj Re: A good cup of tea/How do you drink yours? - 05/18/07 04:49 PM
One fact about tea I read on Andrew Weil's newsletter. If you add milk it cuts the antioxidents you get from it.

I sweeten my tea also but I use stevia, which is a natural plant sweetener with no calories.
It depends on the time of day with me. I add milk & sugar in the morning, but the rest of the day just go with sugar or splenda.

My husband found this little machine called the "Teadrop" made by Sunbeam. It works like a coffee maker, but instead brews the tea for you. We use tea leaves fot this, since it has a little built in strainer.

Some fruit teas I buy in bags, since I'm the only one that drinks those. But our Earl Grey is always real!

Quote:
One fact about tea I read on Andrew Weil's newsletter. If you add milk it cuts the antioxidents you get from it.

I've heard about this too, although there seem to be some conflicting reports about this. It's definitely something to keep in mind though.
I like milk tea containing ginger, cinnamon, cloves and other spices. It is called as masala chai. Have you ever tried it? If not, try it once. You will definitely like the flavour of authentic Indian masala tea.
https://www.dokonatural.com/product/indian-masala-tea/
Posted By: Angie Re: A good cup of tea/How do you drink yours? - 10/16/22 09:42 PM
I enjoy tea - English Breakfast, herbals, regular, iced and generally enjoy it sweetened but no sugar is OK too especially with the herbals. In the morning I always add milk to my tea.
Posted By: Angie Re: A good cup of tea/How do you drink yours? - 10/16/22 09:50 PM
I enjoy tea - English Breakfast, herbals, regular, iced and generally enjoy it sweetened but no sugar is OK too especially with the herbals. In the morning I always add milk to my tea.
Posted By: Angie Re: A good cup of tea/How do you drink yours? - 10/16/22 09:51 PM
Angie, you are quite enthusiastic about your tea - you're computer has announced it three times. But I'm with ya on the delights of tea! I'm up for hot or iced. No frills. I have it without milk or sweetener. My everyday is English Breakfast, but I do also love assam, darjeeling, and jasmine.

And fie upon restaurants that bring you tea with a pot of water and a tea bag on the side, neatly assuring a drink with no flavour.
Posted By: Angie Re: A good cup of tea/How do you drink yours? - 10/17/22 07:45 PM
WOW; usually Bella Bella tells me my comment has been posted. Sometimes Bella is slow as molasses ad does weird stuff. About tea, I'll be ordering some holiday teas.
Dear Angie,

I hope you did get the chance to enjoy some nice warm tea. It was so deathly cold with sub-zero wind chills, then yesterday we had 60 degrees!!!! Wow. Spring in the end of December!!! Unbelievable. Anyway cheers to your New Year 2023. Hope all will be well, safe and happy.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Angie Re: A good cup of tea/How do you drink yours? - 01/11/23 01:08 PM
Returned Monday from Antarctica cruise. What an expedition - awesome.
© BellaOnline Forums