BellaOnline
Posted By: mary-tea1 New Year's Goals 2020 - 12/30/19 05:40 PM
Dear Tea Readers,

I'm looking ahead to 2020, and I would like to lessen my own carbon footprint. I'm trying to live more sustainable. What are the ways you'll try to be more "green"? Let me know here. I think the first thing I will start with is those plastic bags! I have so many recycle bags, and I need to start taking them everywhere. How about you?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Team Member
Posted By: Angela - Drama Movies Re: New Year's Goals 2020 - 12/30/19 08:46 PM
Hi Mary,

I've resolved to use less plastic. I've started bringing my own bags to the grocery store. If I only buy a few items at the drugstore, I just throw them in my purse. I also bought some stainless steel straws and buy coffee drinks in aluminum cans. It is really awful to hear about ocean creatures who wash up on the shore with over 50 lbs. of plastic in their stomachs.

If anyone has more tips, please post!
Posted By: Monika R Canada Re: New Year's Goals 2020 - 01/02/20 11:54 PM
Thanks for making the effort to reduce your footprint and I'd like to join you on this journey. I made this switch too because of what we are doing to the oceans. While in Mexico, I came across a beached whale with its flukes tied in plastic fishing nets. I'm not kidding when I say I heard my heart snapped in two. Since then, I've stopped using body wash and made a return to bar soap. Instead of Venus legs, I switched to a stainless steel razor, and use bamboo toothbrushes. These are small changes that really don't impact my life, and less is more. Thanks for your effort to reduce. It's appreciated.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: New Year's Goals 2020 - 01/27/20 05:32 PM
Dear Angela,

I think the clerk at my grocery store was put out when I used my recycle bag at the store. She was frustrated to get items into the bag. (the handle kept getting into her way), I think because the plastic bags are on a stand, it's easier for them to get the item in the bag. Also, I bought a container from Target and the boy wanted to bag it! I told him no bags please and to put all the other items I purchased into the bin; he looked at me like I was crazy. People have to unlearn that we don't need these plastic bags.

Thanks for reading and helping one little bit at a time.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: New Year's Goals 2020 - 01/27/20 05:53 PM
Dear Monika R Canada,

I cry every time I see these things on the internet. I know my heart hurts for this earth and all our living things in it and on it. Thank you for your effort too. It's all that we can do. My area is mandatory for recycling. I now know that even batteries can be put into a bag and dropped into the city hall where they will recycle the household batteries into the appropriate place and that is not in a landfill! I also recycle ink from my printer. Less in a landfill better for us and this world I hope!

I'm going to learn to compost this spring. (another goal to create less garbage)

Thanks
Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
© BellaOnline Forums