BellaOnline
Posted By: Angie Twinings Tea - 12/15/19 08:12 PM
Twinings is having a sale https://twiningsusa.com/ They have upgraded their web site too.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Twinings Tea - 12/30/19 05:31 PM
Dear Angie,

thank you for this contribution. I personally haven't visited their site in a while.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Angie Re: Twinings Tea - 12/30/19 08:46 PM
A number of years ago our local supermarket offered seasonal teas at Christmas. I sure do miss that display. Now to get the winter teas you need to order them. The Winter Spice is very good.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Twinings Tea - 01/27/20 05:56 PM
Dear Angie,

I love the spicier teas during wintertime. They feel fulfilling. Can make homemade things like chai without all the sugar added, but with all the spice.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: DebFrost - Alaska Re: Twinings Tea - 01/28/20 12:02 AM
I love chai tea - but I do prefer it rich and sweet. Is there a way to go about obtaining the rich spicy flavor without using sugar? :)
Posted By: Angie Re: Twinings Tea - 01/31/20 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by DebFrost - Alaska
I love chai tea - but I do prefer it rich and sweet. Is there a way to go about obtaining the rich spicy flavor without using sugar? :)

add nutmeg or tumeric???
Posted By: mary-tea1 Making Chai less Sweet - 02/03/20 10:23 PM
Dear Deb,

Chai can be bought in a premix or at a cafe' and they may contain a lot of sugar! In fact, the AHA (American Heart Association) states that a woman should only have no more than 6 tsp of sugar and in some large type 16 oz. latte' drinks there can be up to 42 g of sugar! Wow!

So to lessen sugar one can make homemade chai this way you can control the amount of sugar in each drink, and there are many substitutes to bring down the sugar content.

Replace the milk! Many places use whole milk, half & half, premixed sweeteners that contain milk content, etc. these will contain a lot of sugar. Use alternative milk Almond, coconut, hemp, oat or even soy.
Replace sugars! Use sweeteners like stevia, or perhaps you can have honey or even sugar-free maple syrup.
If you do not make chai tea at home, it will not hurt to ask at the cafe' or coffee/tea house what can you replace to make the sugar content less. They will help replace so that it is more palatable to you.

I hope these ideas have given you some insight. Now I think I want to do an article on making a chai latte' skinny!

Have a nice day!

Thanks for reading.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Angie Re: Making Chai less Sweet - 02/14/20 08:15 PM
I was watching Cooks' Country and they did a taste test for teas. I think I have this right, Twinings won if you drink it straight up with out milk but Tetley won if you like milk in your tea. It has to do with the tannins.
© BellaOnline Forums