BellaOnline
Posted By: mary-tea1 Personal Goals - 01/12/16 03:44 PM
Dear Tea Readers,

I'll start off first by saying Happy New Year!
I hope your New Year has gotten off to a great start!

I'm willing to bet you're similar to me, start really strong with resolutions and then suddenly......never completed.

This year I decided to call them goals in an attempt to change my mindset as well.
If I think they are goals perhaps they will be more attainable than resolving to change something!

Your thoughts???

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Posted By: mary-tea1 Spring goals - 03/20/16 10:02 PM
Dear Readers,

to update this thread, let's do a spring goals topic.

It could be a pick up to where you left off on your New Year goals(i.e. loose those pounds or quit smoking), or something new (like spring cleaning goals)~

Trying new teas or experimenting with new art forms using tea~

Tell us here Thanks!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Spring goals - 06/17/16 09:28 PM
Dear Readers,

Hoping you're still trying to attain those goals from the beginning of the year, but if you haven't it's ok to start today or even tomorrow!

Whether your goal is to just keep your journal up to date, or to exercise more, just clean that closet!

Just don't give up!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Spring goals - 06/17/16 09:36 PM
Hi Mary,

I did not set specific goals because I am not into making resolutions for the new year anymore, but I did want to make my life better by making healthier food choices and doing more activities that enhance my spiritual peace. I can't say that all has worked out as I would have liked so far, but I am eating pretty well and I do enjoy my various teas on a daily basis. Teas can be pleasurable on their own, but they also add to my sense of wellness and wellbeing.

Thank you for the positive messages!
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Spring goals - 06/17/16 09:51 PM
Dear Debbie,

That's fabulous! You are well on your way. In my research somewhere I remember a report that stated if anyone included tea drinking into their lives either everyday or several times a week or a couple of times a month~ that one was already into a healthier lifestyle!!

It can help us to destress, or mediatate or just slow down ~

Keep up the great work.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Summer goals - 08/10/16 04:45 PM
Dear Readers,

I'm just about to finish up some spring cleaning! Yep, sometimes it takes a while to "get" to everything you wanted to do in the Spring, I say "no harm no foul!"

There is no rule book that says it can't be called Summer cleaning instead, and actually, I think I've renamed my "to do"list to my "house bucket list" that way I won't feel guilty even if I've died before I get it done!

Ok giggle with me! Have a great day and enjoy writing out your House Bucket List!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Summer goals - 08/11/16 03:37 AM
Mary, I too, have dragged Spring cleaning out through summer but I did get the garden paths edged of weeds yesterday and that feels good!
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Summer goals - 08/15/16 11:40 AM
Dear Susan,

A true sense of accomplishment be yours!! It feels good and I'm glad you can check another thing off your "house bucket list"

Hope you have a great day and enjoy the last bits of summer in your flower garden!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Today's Goals - 11/06/16 02:54 PM
Dear Readers,

MY personal today's goal:

Catch up on my writing!!! And already making plans for Thanksgiving and the extended family that will be here for the holidays.

What is your personal goal for today or for long range?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 12/11/16 04:43 PM
Dear Tea readers and goal achievers!

Just when I thought I was reaching the goals I had around the Thanksgiving holiday...you guessed it, another holiday!

Sometimes I think that during the holidays, we set our goal bar way too high~ since if you're like me, you want it all.

Not only do you want to achieve the mundane projects, there's cards to write/make/address, gifts to buy, pick up/wrap, there's a food list outside the list for regular eating! Because we have to make cookies don't we and entertain! Holy Moly!

Let's take a breather....

My today's goals are starting with a simpler day

Instead of looking at it by cramming as much as I can into one day, perhaps letting a few things go on the wayside.....days later that same thing I didn't get done....... still didn't get done.

So instead, I will put three goals on a list, achieve those and everything over those three is an accomplishment!

Have a great holidays...take a breather...rethink and hopefully you'll feel like you actually got something other than spinning wheels done today!

Leave your thoughts and ideas here for more tips and organization and holiday rush ideas!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals and future 2017 goals - 12/31/16 06:36 PM
Dear Readers,

Notice I didn't say resolution? I said goals this way I can personally think longer term, and most likely achieve them ~ Will you set 2017 goals?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Today's Goals and future 2017 goals - 12/31/16 07:01 PM
I should of came here instead of the resolution thread because this is exactly how I look at it.

I want to eat better, start exercising again, go outside for at least a few minutes a day and continue setting money aside to start a new life away from my parents.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals and future 2017 goals - 01/06/17 05:41 PM
Dear Nancy,

These future goals sound excellent! Each day, small steps to achieve the greater picture. At times, I think we place too much on ourselves, for example: I want to lose 50 pounds but I want to lose it in two months! And we all know that isn't realistic, nor healthy; yet we do it!

Part of my year goals are to be nicer to myself.....like if I overdo it- I should sit down and take a break. Or instead of cramming a week long project into 3 days and actually getting it done in two! I think I want to actually be cognizant of the actual process of doing something!!

As a tea editor, I should be slowing down to even enjoy my tea!

So take time and enjoy the part about achieving the actual goal.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Today's Goals and future 2017 goals - 01/06/17 07:20 PM
Mary,

I used to be able to get back up and start again while being positive which was very hard because of me not having anyone around me helping me in any way plus I never had any self confidence but after many years of failures I just could not anymore. Then I started trying again but I always did it without any confidence so of course it always failed with that way of approaching it plus with all my bad luck and everything else. Now I am about to again give my life a restart so hopefully that one will work because I am dying (my soul is attacked - felt like it was dead in 2013 and 2014) and I turned forty years old in November which is not old but it is not young either.

I hope you are able to reach your goals or at the least get to sit down and enjoy your tea at least once a day.

Take care,

Nancy
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals and future 2017 goals - 01/22/17 04:52 PM
Dear Nancy,

Thanks for your encouragement!!! 40 is the new 20, even though we don't feel like it is.

Little baby steps.....I'm already off my mark as far as some of my top 3 on the list. But, I'll keep going, the eventual end is my goal: completion!

You'll reach your goals try not to be so hard on yourself.
Drink tea and enjoy the slowness of it. Ponder the first goal on your list. Then attack it. smile

Let me know how you do.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Lestie4containergardens Re: Personal Goals - 01/27/17 03:41 AM
Hello Mary,

Catching up on this thread we know that a whole 'nother New Year has come and January nearly gone for resolutions and rules and goal-setting and bucket lists and all - but still we need to keep thinking, planning, dreaming, plotting and doing.

There is so much to say on this topic!

The journey's the thing, and many times I forget that piece of wisdom. I am so busy berating myself for not having done, then I either procrastinate and not do anything or do what I have to do in such a hurry and with such poor grace I feel cheated by me. And then?

One of my aims this year is to slow down, plan and take baby steps so that the task to hand doesn't become hateful.

One of my immediate jobs is to clean out 14 pots and containers, change, discard poor soil or condition where I can, soak pots in vinegar water before planting them up again. This takes time and effort so I have decided to do them in pairs every week on a Wednesday.

That way the job is not overwhelming, the pots get done so they can be planted up and I enjoy my pot-cleaning journey (I get into mischief and attend to other areas of the garden etc. as my attention span is wonderfully short when I want to avoid something!)

So far so good - I have done 8 so far and am on the way.

If it's to be it's up to me.

Thank you v much for this topic, it sure focuses a girl's mind

Cheers
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Personal Goals - 01/29/17 05:32 PM

Dear Lestie4containergardens,

No one can argue with progress! You're coming right along! Keep up the good work. I have slowed way down, enjoying actually sitting still at times during the day now. But little slow baby steps have won the race with many of my projects!

Keep going....soon it will be spring and we can move to outdoor themes, or we can move indoor projects outside!!

Have fun.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 03/29/17 10:27 AM
Dear Readers,

Just finished cleaning (deep cleaning) my master closet! Yay! Finally another thing to check off the list!

And a bonus it's spring so this qualifies for spring cleaning!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Today's Goals - 03/29/17 12:41 PM
Good for you!

I need to do mine. My bedroom in the new house has been finished for more than a year but it's a mess with clothes everywhere. Got big plastic containers for these clothes (the rest are in the drawers and the best will be on hangers) months ago and still nothing is done.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 04/24/17 05:14 PM
Dear Nancy,

I feel like if it's too overwhelming, it won't get done.

Make it a smaller issue: for example just say to yourself, I will hang up 4 articles of clothing and put away 1/2 box of something, then you'll feel a bit of an accomplishment and before you know it, everything will be hanging or put away. Keep at it and when the overwhelming feeling comes, just walk away until tomorrow, but do
something instead.

Like: instead of the clothes, let me clean under the sink (something small, arrange books or mags.) this way no matter what you've accomplished something!
*But the next day go back to hang 4 items up thing...so you really do accomplish this in the end.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Personal Goals - 04/24/17 05:57 PM
It is funny that you replied to this now because before coming back on the internet I went in my bedroom and actually did something! Okay not a lot but it was something smile, I found every socks and panties that I often wear and left it all on the bed and every others I put on the floor where the rest of the clothes were, at least like that I won't spend a lot of time trying to find my favorite panties and socks blush haha grin!
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Personal Goals - 04/24/17 09:18 PM
Dear Nancy,

Say yay, because something is way better than nothing! And keep pecking away at it and you'll be done.

Sometimes I'm a list writer, and I always feel great when I can scratch off something from my list! (I give myself a gold star) hahaha, have a great day and keep up the good work!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Personal Goals - 04/25/17 07:42 AM
Thanks Mary:)!

I have lists too, I have so much things to do and am taking so long to do them that it is getting longer.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Personal Goals - 05/01/17 09:46 PM
Dear Nancy,

Just keep on scratching things off! Feelings of accomplishment and if you did something that wasn't on the list....put it on and then scratch it off! Haha encouragement! Hope you're smiling!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Personal Goals - 05/02/17 06:10 AM
Mary,

I actually started again and everything was doing well until I learned my parents are again in deep trouble with money and this time they cannot get out of it. So I will have to move soon so until I know what will happen with that (would only follow them IF certain terms are met and it would only be for a while to get more money in my savings) to start again, in the meantime I do have a few things I need to do so I will focus on that plus getting more money in my savings.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Personal Goals - 05/18/17 06:18 PM
Dear Nancy,

Financial goals are also hard goals to meet, but don't get discouraged, a little savings can go a long way. (start that change jar)! Good luck and don't ever feel depleated. Your efforts will pay off in the end.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Personal Goals - 05/18/17 06:38 PM
Thanks Mary smile!
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Personal Goals - 05/18/17 08:33 PM
Dear Nancy,

you're welcome! smile

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Personal Goals - 06/22/17 08:49 PM
Dear Readers,

How are your personal goals coming along? I hope this weekend to clean garage and rearrange my potting cabinet and finally to hang things up neatly and orderly on a peg board.

I also have to weed my garden.

How are your goals?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 12/11/17 05:11 PM
Dear Tea Readers and goal achievers,

Last time we talked around Thanksgiving, the topic was to create just a list of three things each day and let them be the goal before the holiday to try to stave off burn out.
and here we are another holiday on its way! Christmas is nearly here.

My Agenda for week's end:

list and purchase things needed for the baking, and plan the menus for the dinner and the brunch.

buy wrapping paper and wrap the gifts that I have.

and third

start the deep cleaning.

Just the three things. Not overburdening.

I will achieve this by taking small breaks and breathing slowly and quietly, living mindfully in that moment. (meditate if you can)

How are your holiday plans coming along?
Don't fret, just take a breath.....you're a goal achiever!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 02/10/18 03:07 PM
Dear Tea Readers and Goal Achievers,

I'm checking in to see how your lists of three things is coming along.

Have you started your next list of three goals? Have you put this method into your daily work as well?

I added to journal every day as well into my list of three and now I've been writing a paragraph each morning and I feel great about this.

What's new on your list?

Have a great day! Enjoy your goal achievements~

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 04/03/18 07:48 PM
Dear Tea readers and goal achievers,

Checking in to see where you might be on your lists (of 3 things to do) or if you have scraped the last one and are creating a new list?

I've just created my new list of three goals and the first one is a continuation of the journaling I have been doing. Even if it is just a few sentences, I will at least begin my day with that already done. And like always my #2, & 3 involve home improvement. (LOL)

and they will involve help from other household members, I'll let you know how it goes, I'm setting short timelines on each of them so that they may actually get done!

Let me know how you're all doing.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 04/26/18 11:41 AM
Dear Tea Readers,

How are your personal goals going?
I hope you're not too exhausted from doing your in home improvement goals? I've began to pick out some paint colors to improve my laundry room. This room has builder's paint on it and has not been touched in sixteen years. It's a small room and will do this myself. If you have painting tips please let me know.

Journaling is going well. Still doing it. My new goal there is to put a bit more thought into my entries,as they have been somewhat drab.

My third spring goal is to create and stay on a regular writing schedule. Throughout my career, this has been a pet peeve as I usually have too many "irons in the fire", I'm honing in my social media.

What are your personal goals and are you staying with them.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 06/27/18 04:18 AM

I have replaced my desk chair with a giant ball! I am determined to build up my core strength. I am also finding that this is the most comfortable thing to sit on ever!
I highly recommend! Building my core strength is just one of my fitness goals for this year! I hope you've set your goals and that they are attainable ones, and that I see you all coming on telling me you've made your goal!

Good luck with all your goals.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 07/10/18 08:15 PM

So the replacing of my chair with the ball is proving beneficial! My back is so much better.

I can walk outside now on my trails! Oh, happy day! Now I'm working on my knees! more about that later!

I hope you're making strides in your personal goals.

Have a wonderfully tea filled day!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 10/06/18 03:27 AM

The last forum post was filled with my personal fitness goals, some of which were met, yet I think I'll always strive for true fitness routines as they will adjust with age and illness. So my current personal fitness goal is to just keep going. Not getting down on myself because I have a physical obstacle hindering me that day, I will modify every exercise or only work as far as I can that day.

Part of my personal goals is to achieve self-acceptance no matter what I am attempting to do. Part of the learning that I am doing is that I am realizing that I am extremely hard on myself and that I do achieve more or a sense of accomplishment if I go easy on myself.

What are your personal endeavors? Whatever they may be, first give yourself some credit for finishing, nearly completing, or even just trying to attempt to attain your goal. Reward yourself first and tomorrow you may just reach or even create new goals.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Michelle - Short Stories Re: Today's Goals - 10/07/18 03:34 PM
Hi Mary!

Making personal goals is at the top of my list at this point in my life.
I lost my husband of 20 years in May 2017 due to End Stage Kidney Disease.
Talk about starting one's life over.
The first thing I did was turn back to my writing on a full-time basis. I am working on getting to know who I am again in this new life.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 11/19/18 07:40 PM
Dear Michelle,

That's fantastic! I have truly found writing to be very cathartic for me. Now if only there was some type of procrastination drug that would kick me in the butt because staying motivated is the hardest part. Best wishes to you fellow writer and editor in your journey ahead.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Michelle - Short Stories Re: Today's Goals - 11/20/18 06:29 PM
Thank you, Mary! And if you do find such a wonderful drug, please share the name!!!!!!
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 12/24/18 02:02 AM
Dear Michelle,

Was just wondering how that writing is going. Still, no drug to cure the procrastination!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 12/27/18 06:47 PM
Dear Tea readers and achievers,

We're here once again. Thinking ahead to the new year and personal goals. What if anything did you do to change the way you do things to achieve your personal goals, (*if you follow this thread you'll know I have virtually stopped using the word resolutions) I now only use personal goals not because it gives me an "out", just to make it feel somewhat more achievable. I make simple lists of two to three items that are achievable and then when the three things are done I will write down another 3 things list.

This helps me. How about you? And what's on your list?

My first thing is: to clean out two of my kitchen cabinets that while I was baking for the Christmas holiday, i could not find my baking pan until I literally rummaged the cabinet through! I have over time ridiculously shoved things in the cabinet making my life cluttered and it is unnecessary as I have places for the things. So I will correct this immediately first thing.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Angie Re: Today's Goals - 12/31/18 11:32 PM

Make a good pot of tea. I try weeding through things daily; it's a losing battle.
Posted By: JOY (Self Development) Re: Today's Goals - 01/03/19 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by mary-tea1
...What if anything did you do to change the way you do things to achieve your personal goals...I make simple lists of two to three items that are achievable and then when the three things are done I will write down another 3 things list...

Hi Mary, your idea of just having 3 things on a list is great as it's a lovely feeling to be able to cross off a whole list of accomplishments before having to consider the next 3. Talking 'tea', I continue my hunt for a decaffeinated tea that tastes great without milk or sugar. Happy New Year! Joy
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 01/04/19 01:55 AM
Dear Joy,

Happy New Year to you too! I used to overwhelm myself and then feeling very unaccomplished, my list would evaporate into thin air. This way I feel a true sense of accomplishment, even if it is just 3 very small things.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 01/04/19 01:59 AM
Dear Angie,

Oh, this was so me! I would feel very bogged down by things, now I try to eliminate the stress by completing only a few things at a time. I try to have one very important thing and then 2 less important but "fun" things on my list, like cleaning something small, (i.e. junkdrawer, or craft room organization) this way I AM actually getting things done, while not stressing over it.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Today's Goals - 04/06/19 03:57 PM
Happy Spring Tea Readers,

I'm about to embark on my spring/summer walking fitness program. I start out slow and definitely pick up the pace and within the month's time, I have fluffed off the winter's hibernation. What/How are your fitness goals? Are you pushing beyond and how do you cool down?

As soon as it gets warm and dry enough after I have done my morning walk, I love and really enjoy sitting on the patio listening to all the sounds and enjoying a cool iced tea.

Happy Spring...Happy summer to be and Happy goals for you and me!
Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
© BellaOnline Forums