BellaOnline
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Interview No Shows on the Rise - 01/08/16 04:09 PM
I've noticed that the number of applicants scheduling and then not showing up for the scheduled interview is on the rise. Considering the number of people looking for jobs, I'm surprised. Especially since it only takes a second to send a quick email or to even call the company to say that you want to cancel.

This professional courtesy allows the company to take a look back through the applications and perhaps find additional candidates and give them a shot at a job. You never know if you may need to reapply to one day. You also may not realize the far reaching connections hiring managers have. Stories about your disregard for the interviewer's time may spread further than you think.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Interview No Shows on the Rise - 10/09/17 10:04 PM
This does not surprise me at all. Society sucks and it is because most people are selfish jerks who thinks that the rest of us has to bend over for them. There is no courtesy anymore just like there is no more common sense and so many other things like it.
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Interview No Shows on the Rise - 10/17/17 08:08 PM
"Society sucks", I feel is a bit harsh - just my opinion. I would agree that a lot of basic human kindness seems to no longer exist in much larger pockets than ever before. I do make an effort to not let it affect me. This means shutting down Facebook many times or not engaging in a lot of negativity. Just because people can be negative, doesn't mean I have to be and I refuse to let it sink me to that level. :-) A choice. ...but then again some people are happiest when they are miserable.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Interview No Shows on the Rise - 11/23/17 06:41 PM
I actually think that I was way too nice saying that society sucks, I would of used other words but these words are censored on this website.
© BellaOnline Forums