BellaOnline
With hundreds of applications and interviews, all candidates may start to look and sound alike. Looking for a way to stand out from the crowd? Learn how to send a proper thank-you letter.

How to Send Interview Thank You Letters

How many times have you sent out a thank-you letter after an interview?
Okay I think this is way too much! I have been jobless since July of 2009 but there are limits and this is one of them; if we have to start kissing butts to get jobs now then looks like I will remain jobless the rest of my life because I won't do it!
Nancy,
Interesting that you believe sending a professional thank you letter is "kissing butt". It's actually a way of reminding the hiring manager of who you are and your skills. Jobless since 2009? OK.
It is kissing butts! I am all for saying thank you (and i do it) but once. What is next? Send a gift with the thank you? Then what? Invite the person who interviewed you in your home and make him or her dinner? Oops that is right when you invite people over to eat or whatever they are supposed to bring you something so that won't work here.
Posted By: Ravina Re: How to Send Interview Thank You Letters - 05/20/21 04:07 AM
What to Say in A Stellar Post-Interview Thank You Note-
1. How much you appreciated the meeting (the “thank you” part!)
2. Something specific about the interview or items discussed.
3. Why you are excited about this opportunity.
4. A brief explanation of why you'd be a good fit for the job.
5. Next steps and your contact information.
© BellaOnline Forums