BellaOnline
Posted By: Julie - Computer Careers The evil eye - 01/24/07 01:36 AM
I recently embroidered a hamsa, a Middle Eastern symbol for protection from the evil eye. Embroidered Hamsa

I also wrote my latest article on the hamsa symbol and it's meaning.

When he found out what I was embroidering, my boyfriend started laughing that I would put so much effort into a protective symbol. I have to admit that my interest was more in the artistry of the symbol than protection, but on the other hand, I treasure and keep close the hamsa one of my friends gave me in high school, so it's not like I'm unprotected. I guess I would say that I believe that having a hamsa can't hurt. What do you think?

Julie
Posted By: babak Re: The evil eye - 01/24/07 12:23 PM
Thanks for this information.
I have been in Turkey twice and have seen these blue eyes everywhere there as Souvenir in various sizes.
Posted By: Julie - Computer Careers Re: The evil eye - 01/24/07 09:15 PM
So Babak, do you not have these in Iran?

Julie
Posted By: KarynJ Re: The evil eye - 01/25/07 08:13 AM
I have an evil eye bracelet that I got from some Turkish friends. And like Babak, I also saw them everywhere when I went to Istanbul. I just think they're neat. Whether they actually have any power or not is definitely debateable, but I like the idea behind them.
Posted By: babak Re: The evil eye - 01/25/07 11:14 AM
I haven�t heard anything about Iranian having a symbol according to it. in here also some people has such feeling but for doesn�t encounter to ridicule, preferred to hid it.
About me, I haven�t had any problem in this case so far and don't find any good reason for justify it but can�t deny it too. I think it�s a personal feeling and emotion.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: The evil eye - 02/04/07 05:52 PM
I definately believe that power objects have the power to protect!
© BellaOnline Forums