BellaOnline
Posted By: Daniel L Did god give us the Constitution? - 04/10/15 05:53 PM
Where do our political freedoms originate? The political right seems to think they come from a god. A brief explanation of the origin of the US Constitution.
Daniel, have you written an article on this? Please put up a link. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's interested.
Posted By: Daniel L Re: Did god give us the Constitution? - 04/11/15 04:15 PM
Sorry folks, I blew it on this forum post. I have re-posted it with the link intact, and here it is for you on this post as well.

Did god give us the Constitution?
Great article Daniel. Sometimes I wonder when people say "it's a god given right," if they are speaking in a metaphor.

Like it's my god given right to have coffee in the morning. Well, since I don't believe in a "god" that's outside of me, and I'm not a Christian, what I mean when I say that is I have the right to have coffee because I exist LOL.

That's probably a horrible example, because I don't actually ever use that term, and most people I know who use it are probably more likely taking it literally, though I can't be sure LOL.

I don't know wink

But I did want to say HI!! It's nice to meet you smile
What is it that makes God the issue? I mean at all. What if, just a group of determined and inspired people to protect that of the whole, then - the past, on to the future was all they were trying to protect?

I hear a lot of talk, lately anyway. God. Since when has God been such a topic and why?

How about simple inspiration, love for the collective. Maybe that's out of place, but I really don't simulate the Constitution with God.

God is a perspective, a reflection of Spirituality if you have it and comes in all different types of forms.

I'm wondering if this isn't more, well, "God didn't inspire the constitution, so it should be changed" kind of thing.

I'll tell you from down here seeing what's going on, I'd take any type of inspiration over what I'm currently (presently seeing) going on. It's not going to work without togetherness.
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: Did god give us the Constitution? - 05/23/15 09:42 AM
I believe all good things come from God.
© BellaOnline Forums