BellaOnline
Often the loss of a spouse or life partner can leave you lost and unsure of what to do next. Setting goals, writing them down and planning how to make it work is one way that can help you move towards learning to live again.

Learn some steps to take and start making some new dreams and goals for yourself.

Goals After Losing Your Partner
This is very helpful, Shirley. Thank you.
This advice would also be very helpful for someone going through divorce. They have to mourn a relationship lost as well.
It would Michelle. I plan on writing more about other types of grief later and plan to include divorce as well as loss of a job etc
My daughter lost her step dad on Labor Day about 10 years ago. He was the only dad she knew. Every Labor Day weekend she is soooo emotional. I always calm her down and tell her he wouldn't want her to be crying over him.

He was a Christian and very spiritual..he loved her spirit and happy disposition. Even though we divorced when she was 10, he later passed away. She loves to cook like I do (LOL), so I said to her today, go and make something your dad would like if he was here this holiday weekend. He loved the holidays! I said, "he would like that." So she did. And her whole attitude turned from tears to happiness.

I got a text 4 hours later. She made bbq ribs, potato salad, grilled chicken and roasted corn. All his favorite holiday foods. Nice! It sounded like she was having a great time!
What a lovely story smile Sometimes we forget that in doing something our loved one enjoyed we are also honoring their memory.
Yes Shirley!

I deal with this every year with Liz. Because we were divorced my daughter and I were the last to know that he has passed away on this holiday.

So I go through the motions every year in September to make her feel better. I don't know if there is anything else I should say or do for her.

I don't have much experience in bereavement except my nana and Princess Diana died on the same day. I have issues there I know. I grieved for 2 people for months.

But I always seem to be able to avoid funerals and such. My daughter on the other hand doesn't want to avoid them. I don't get the difference between us in that respect
© BellaOnline Forums