BellaOnline
I collect Bleu de Chine charts. I love the beautiful all one color designs in a heart shape. Does anyone want to swap charts?
Sheryl
Sheryl -

What are Bleu de Chine charts? This sounds interesting. You say they are single color designs, are they all in shades of one color or all a single color? I'm currently doing a course on Assisi embroidery, where you create a design by stitching the background in cross stitch or another filling stitch and leave the design unstitched (except for some running stitch to define details if needed.) Is it like that? I'm really enjoying the Assisi by the way!

Julie
Bleu de Chine are beautiful charts made in France. Many of them are all in one single color. You can see them here The French Needle
Sheryl
Thanks Sheryl -

They are very pretty.

Julie
I now have these Bleu de Chine charts to swap:
Cats, Halloween, Winter Scene, Stitchery, Austrian I, and Poppy if anyone is interested.
Halloween, Winter Scene, stitchery and Poppy use more than one color.
Cats and Austrian I are stitched in all one color (your can choose yourself).
Sheryl
Where are you taking the course Julie? Sounds like something I'd like to do.
Sheryl -

It is a group correspondence course through the Embroiderer's Guild of America. You can view the course on this page about half-way down. I just finished my last piece this weekend, though I haven't ironed it and otherwise prepared for mailing. It was a lot of fun and a great course!

Julie
The charts look lovely. Online courses for embroidery can be somewhat iffy - I've seen some that looked good but because the teachers didn't have the skill to write an online course, they failed badly.

I start one myself in April for Goldwork - I'll be posting to let you all know how I go.
© BellaOnline Forums