BellaOnline
Posted By: Kutti_b00 Software Details - 08/15/05 10:38 AM
Anyone please help me as i am looking for fashion designing related software package, i searched but in vain... please let me know where can i find "the best" fashion design software package on internet.Also i would like to know more on fashion designing.Please help !!!
Thanks in advance...

Regards,
David
Posted By: Megan M Re: Software Details - 08/26/05 10:35 PM
Hi Kuttie

This is a forum for embroidery questions, rather than fashion designing.

That said - fashion design is an art, and there is no software than will help you to create an original design.

Designers are like artists, and their designs are inspired by the world around them and their imaginations.

I'm not sure where you are from, but to find out more about fashion design, you may want to contact your local college to find out if they have courses in fashion design or a related topic.

To be a successful fashion designer, you will need to have skills in patternmaking, sewing (machine and hand) as well as some basic drawing skills, and knowledge of how fabrics move and work together.

Fashion design is a very individual thing - and there is no software made that can replace the human part.

Of course, there is some Ok PATTERNMAKING software out there, that will help you pattern basic garments - but definately it won't design them for you.

If you're interested in fashion design as a career - good luck to you. It can be very personally rewarding -but remember that being a designer is not an automatic key to international fame or fortune. Very few designers / coutouriers (spelling, I know!) become famous.

I am fortunate to know a number of designers / coutouriers and some of them have had some national (Australian) success, some a little international (mostly known in the trade, though). Most of them, however, have a boutique in one city and are known through there.

Good luck to you!

Megan
© BellaOnline Forums