BellaOnline
Posted By: Kristin Davis Stimulus Plan? - 02/11/09 04:15 PM
Wondering what everyone thinks about this? How much money is going to be enough? What about the money that went "missing"? And when do you think we will begin to see the economy rebound?
Posted By: Joan541 Re: Stimulus Plan? - 02/19/09 08:04 PM
I think it's terrible that the government keeps spending millions (billions!) of our tax dollars on these stimulus packages with so little accountability. Seems like instead of a stimulus, it should just be called a government spending bill.

What they should have done is give each American a credit card with $10,000 on it and tell them to use it within 90 days or they lose it. Just go and buy things or go out to dinner or whatever. Like the car companies. They will never be "bailed out" unless someone buys their cars. To just keep giving them money is silly.

Dumping all this money out there isn't necessarily a good thing. Sometime it will have to be repaid and the only way to do that is to raise taxes.

Japan tried spending their way out of their recession and it didn't work!
Posted By: MariRN Re: Stimulus Plan? - 03/10/09 02:00 PM
Sometimes, you have to let poor managed companies fail, no matter how big they may be. History has soon, that from their ashes new companies will emerge. If Congress doesn't start listening to what we the tax payer and their employer then maybe they should be removed from office. Congress could have given ever taxpayer $20,000.00 with the bailout money. I don't know about you, but that kind of money could go along way with my family. Our children will be struggling with our debt and most likely our grandchildren also. I feel like things are going to get worse before they get better.
© BellaOnline Forums