BellaOnline
Posted By: Investing Editor Tony New Investing Editor - 05/09/08 01:54 PM
Hello Everyone,
I am the new investing editor,Tony Daltorio. I wanted to introduce myself briefly. I worked 20 yrs in the investment business,mainly with Charles Schwab,so I do have lots of experience of working with people and helping them invest properly. You will find that I tend to go against what the media heads such as on CNBC are spouting about. I want to encourage everyone to resume posting in this forum as I will be checking it daily. Please feel free to ask any questions about investing and I will attempt to answer them as best I can. I look forward to meeting all of you through this forum and hopefully being able to help you.
Posted By: chloe21 Re: New Investing Editor - 05/09/08 04:44 PM
Welcome, Tony! Nice to have you with us.
Posted By: Investing Editor Tony Re: New Investing Editor - 05/09/08 06:20 PM
Thanks!
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: New Investing Editor - 05/09/08 06:48 PM
Hi Tony, welcome to the forum
Posted By: Investing Editor Tony Re: New Investing Editor - 05/11/08 07:47 PM
hello!
Posted By: Sandii Re: New Investing Editor - 05/02/09 06:22 AM
thank's for sharing these information........
its helpful to others...........

Posted By: JulieMiller Re: New Investing Editor - 06/15/09 08:47 PM
Hi Tony I am also new to the forum. I look forward to reading what you have to share. Do you know a lot about stock options?
Posted By: Investing Editor Tony Re: New Investing Editor - 06/17/09 07:10 PM
I do know a lot about stock options (I used to trade them myself)and the various strategies for using them. They can be dangerous though - while at Schwab during the crash of 1987, I literally saw people lose their homes because of options. They had sold options "naked" - then the market crashed and they had to come up with money they really didn't have.
Posted By: JulieMiller Re: New Investing Editor - 06/18/09 08:34 PM
If naked options are so dangerous then why do people trade naked options. What are the upsides of naked options.
Posted By: Investing Editor Tony Re: New Investing Editor - 06/18/09 11:02 PM
If things go correctly, you will generate lots of extra income since you are selling the option. But if the market or a particular stock go against you - look out......
Posted By: JulieMiller Re: New Investing Editor - 06/23/09 03:48 PM
So it pertains to the risk involved? Also, I recently read The Power Curve - by Scott G Kyle and found it immensly helpful and informative - what do you think about the book?
Posted By: Linzinhere Re: New Investing Editor - 07/02/09 07:38 PM
Julie Miller - Happened to come up on this blog - might as well convey my opinion - Its definately a great book to read - I would recommend it to more of a veteran trader or a person who already has a solid understanding of the market. So, for anyone with a decent level of understanding can benefit greatly from the strategies described (compounding & options trading) in the book. A must read !!
© BellaOnline Forums