BellaOnline
Just saw this article from "Live Science" and thought I'd share ---

Traces of cocaine taint up to 90 percent of paper money in the United States, a new study finds. U.S. and Canadian currency had the highest levels, with an average contamination rate of between 85 and 90 percent.

What do you think?

~Sharon
Could that be because people are putting their money up nose!
Just thinking of some of the places, our money has been, (the money we use every day) (Touch every day)
Yikes, its not pretty
"Dirty Money"
I had heard that befor but thought that this may have been a myth (just meaning that so many users and so much money transacting that all of our money has been through the hands of a drug dealer)

Since I was a little child (circa 60's) my parents had always told us children that we needed to wash our hands after touching money. So they knew back then that money was dirty.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Also did it mention how it was tested? And what type of group did the testing? Was it ATF?

Just curious. Thanks.

Mary Caliendo
It said the findings were detailed in the latest issue of the journal Trends in Analytical Chemistry.

Credit: Miguel de la Guardia, Trends in Analytical Chemistry.

Didn't mention how it was tested, etc.

~Sharon
It is sad. The money could have spent better somewhere like helping children or providing higher education with single moms.
© BellaOnline Forums