BellaOnline
Posted By: Basketball Where to find beads and pendants? - 02/22/09 11:50 PM
Okay I am looking for the chunky nugget turquoise and coral beads which are very popular in this areas right now. Kippy Kowgirl carries some that are similiar to the necklaces I want to make. I am having a hard time finding the crosses and pendants for them tho. Can anyone help me out?? I want to get my daughter started making some as a stay at home mom but the few that make them around here arent telling.

Thanks Lori
Posted By: Angie Re: Where to find beads and pendants? - 02/26/09 03:07 AM
Where else do you find beads and pendants? Do you order on line? The instructor last night suggested online: Firemountaingems, auntiesbeads, riogrande, and fusionbeads, all .coms. She also suggested Walmart, Michaels, Ben Franklin along with several local shops.

Posted By: Basketball Re: Where to find beads and pendants? - 02/27/09 04:58 AM
there are several ebay stores I like that carry the kind of beads I am using. 900jewelry, hugh7447, nylooks and ny 6 wholesale are a few of them.
Posted By: Angie Re: Where to find beads and pendants? - 02/28/09 03:27 AM
I'm going to Michaels tomorrow with my coupon and pick up some odds and ends. It will be my first trip for beading items. I have lots of old jewelry here and will check it out before I go so that I will have an idea about what I might want to do.
Posted By: Angie Re: Where to find beads and pendants? - 02/28/09 08:27 PM
I went to Michaels and they have a lot of stuff. In fact, it is pretty overwhelming especially when there is no one there to assist you. I picked up a few things; raided my husband's work bench for a few tools; and then picked up a beading magazine at the supermarket.

I raided my costume jewelry drawer that I had stashed in my closet. Some of the stuff I hadn't looked at in years. Now when I look at beaded jewelry I check out how it is made. I have a new appreciation for the craft.
Posted By: Debpf2 Re: Where to find beads and pendants? - 03/29/09 07:25 PM
If you go to www.magpiegemstones.com.com I think she carries everything and the prices are great. DEB
Posted By: Angie Re: Where to find beads and pendants? - 03/29/09 08:44 PM
Thanks for the tip - I've been checking out lots of places. I went to Ben Franklin yesterday and there was a large selection there; even larger than Michaels.
Posted By: joanj Re: Where to find beads and pendants? - 03/30/09 12:18 AM
Fire Mountain Gems is great and has everything. Their catalog is really something to see too. It's huge.

Our local Joann's has a lot too but the quality is better from online sources than places like Walmart or Michaels.
Posted By: Angie Re: Where to find beads and pendants? - 03/30/09 02:15 AM
Fire Mountain was one of the sites the instructor recommended. I've been looking around so that I could see the beads and findings up close so that I would know what the materials look like.
I have found some beautiful chunky turquoise pendants at the following link:

Turquoise

at Beads By Mail.
© BellaOnline Forums