BellaOnline
Posted By: bookwormer Menstration Cup - 11/30/11 03:10 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had ever used one a menstration cup instead of a tampon or pad. If so did you like it? Any advice?
Posted By: Yvonnie-Inspired Re: Menstration Cup - 11/30/11 06:07 PM
Hi Bookwormer!

I have used the Diva cup & am among many satisfied users.

I am a homeschooling mom, which means being out of the house almost all of the time. The Diva cup creates no worry, no mess, and no changing during that time.

Less money & environmentally friendly.

There use to be a disposable one, made of recycled materials. It was less expensive and great for testing out the idea. I haven't seen it in more than 4 years though.

So, the short answer is, I love it.
Posted By: bookwormer Re: Menstration Cup - 11/30/11 07:38 PM
Yvonnie, I ordered a Diva Cup and I am really excited for it to come. The two main reasons I got it was because it was less money and environmentally friendly. It seems a much better way to go. Thanks for answering
Posted By: Solalux Re: Menstration Cup - 04/29/12 11:19 AM
I see this is an old post, but i just wanted to share that I have been using the mooncup for the last 4 months and it is the best investment ever. I am almost angry that no one told me before about it. It really changed my life. I change it twice a day, once in the morning and once again before going to bed, always in the shower. It is sooo comfortable, sooo clean, it takes so liitle space in my bathroom drawers, it is so cool not to have to think about what to pack when you are travelling.... I can only recommend it.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Menstration Cup - 04/30/12 06:56 AM
Solalux, why do you shower twice a day? Just wondering. smile
Posted By: Solalux Re: Menstration Cup - 04/30/12 07:16 AM
I don't shower daily twice a day, except maybe in very hot summer days :-))

But when I have my period, well... it is easier and less messy to remove and clean the menstrual cup under the shower. Of course, it is not necessary.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Menstration Cup - 05/01/12 06:55 AM
Interesting! I am using re-usable pads i had made from diaper material.
Posted By: Solalux Re: Menstration Cup - 05/01/12 10:56 AM
That sounds interesting. I am no fan of pads anyway, I used tampons most of my life.
I have read a lot about re-usable pads and I know some women love them. But I can imagine they are a lot messier and more time consuming to wash than the silicone my menstrual cup is made of :-))

Anyway the menstrual cup target consumer is the tampon user. Someone who dislikes the idea of having something inside (as I have heard from some women) or finds them difficult to put in and take out is no candidate for the diva/moon cup. I think.

Posted By: Jilly Re: Menstration Cup - 05/01/12 09:54 PM
Exactly! I don't like putting or having something inside me. I don't use a tampon unless I absolutely have to.

With my pads, I just rinse them with some soap and cool water (hot water sets the blood proteins). I am also experimenting with using them instead of toilet paper (for peeing). So far it seems brilliant!
Posted By: bookwormer Re: Menstration Cup - 08/18/12 04:34 AM
UPDATE I have been using my Diva Cup for several months now, I have no idea how I lived without it. My periods are a complete non-issue, it is just like another day of the week. Does anyone else have a story to share about menstrual cups?
Posted By: AKLisa- Knitting Editor Re: Menstration Cup - 08/18/12 06:52 AM
I really like my Diva Cup. I have a friend who has a very limited income and would wind up asking everyone for pads every month - she bought a Diva cup, and no longer has to worry about it! They are frugal and environmentally friendly.
© BellaOnline Forums