BellaOnline
Posted By: Adoption Editor Paula Deen fans? - 05/05/08 01:53 PM
Hello!

Any other Paul Deen fans here? I enjoy her cooking shows, especially Paula's Party.

I've tried her oven fried potato wedges, and they were delicious.
smile
Posted By: Flutterby Re: Paula Deen fans? - 06/20/08 03:02 AM
Yes, I enjoy Paula Deen.......Have tried her 'Not Yo Momma's Banana Pudding' and it was a real hit!!! Haven't tried the potato wedges, but will try to find the recipe and give them a shot. I try to cut fats in our food, though so I usually have to change some of her recipes because she's so heavy on butter use.
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Paula Deen fans? - 06/20/08 03:11 AM
I am so a Paula Deen fan! She seems so approachable, she and her laugh are infectious, and her wonderful recipes are great, but ever so (may I say) fattening! I think she is a real and true person, who has a wonderful work ethic and she simply is who she is and I think that is great to inspire and empower women!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: Adoption Editor Re: Paula Deen fans? - 06/20/08 03:20 AM
Hi Flutterby and Mary!

For most of Paula's recipes that we love, we use non fat or reduced fat mayo, cheese, etc. I can hear her gasping now, lol! But, our hearts and waistline are saying thank you!

With the potato wedges, we used fat free mayo and they turned out just fine. Not to mention the fact we felt so much better about the amount of fat in the recipe...it's amazing how using non fat or low fat mayo and cheese will make a recipe guilt free instead of guilty! smile
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Paula Deen fans? - 06/20/08 03:27 AM
Thank goodness! I knew there's a will and a way. Still I just love her and my mother loves her as well, because she is so likeable, I love to watch her and just get a ick out of her!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Paula Deen fans? - 06/20/08 03:29 AM
oops that was get a kick out of her (not ick) Thanks!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Posted By: rachael24 Re: Paula Deen fans? - 07/16/08 03:16 PM
I much rather watch her sons than Paula wink
Posted By: Mikerobe Re: Paula Deen fans? - 11/16/08 02:42 AM
Paula Dean is a Goddess among women. I just love her recipes, love her charm, and she's also very easy on the eyes!
Posted By: Robin - Fragrance Editor Re: Paula Deen fans? - 11/16/08 03:23 AM
I cannot make her chocolate brickle for anyone anymore. It tastes too good and some of it doesn't get passed out as treats. It goes into my stomach and I am a diabteic type 2....

That stuff is good! If you are into making food baskets for people....include her chocolate brickle!!!!
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Paula Deen fans? - 11/16/08 09:49 AM
Mikerobe, just want to welcome you to the forum, we hope that you enjoy your stay
Rosie
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Paula Deen fans? - 11/20/08 06:33 PM
I can listen to her talk all day. Love the accent, love it! Oh, the food too.
Posted By: Lynn_B Re: Paula Deen fans? - 11/20/08 07:00 PM
Paula Deen's a favorite! Falls into the same category as Justin Wilson for me (may he rest in peace).

We make her French Toast Casserole for holiday brunches and its a huge hit!

Here's the recipe link:

Paula Deen's French Toast Casserole

Enjoy!
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Paula Deen fans? - 11/20/08 07:05 PM
Lynn, I can't wait to try this one. laugh My family goes coo-coo crazy for french toast. I can never make enough but with this recipe, everyone should be full. Well, except me.....can't have any and meet my weight goal but thanks anyway. Bye!
Posted By: Lynn_B Re: Paula Deen fans? - 11/21/08 03:03 PM
That's too bad, Kim. On holidays, I stil eat what I want; just in very small portions. Typically, I don't worry about portion size. I just let the family get their bit first, then all that's left is usually something less than a full portion.
Posted By: Kimmi08 Re: Paula Deen fans? - 11/21/08 06:46 PM
Hey, good idea. I'll scrape the pan (remember, they are coo-coo for french toast) with delight. Hmmmm...Hmmmmm....good.

Thanks Lynne for the "eye-opener".
Posted By: three spices Re: Paula Deen fans? - 01/25/09 05:58 PM
I like watching Paula too. She just enjoys life. Just watching her makes me smile. If you want an elegant appetizer, try her Crab martini and serve it in martini glasses. Very beautiful presentation and was a real hit at my dinner party. The only thing that I added was a bit of lemon pepper.
© BellaOnline Forums