BellaOnline
Posted By: lala21 mexican themed party - 11/20/07 07:01 AM
I decided to have a mexican themed birthday party for myself.. its not until january but i like planning so.. yeah.. anyways im looking for fun mexican food and drink ideas that are somewhat inexpensive for a decent group (20 people)

any suggestions?
Posted By: FrickinGoodBurritos Re: mexican themed party - 11/22/07 08:19 PM
Edited by management for TOS violations
Posted By: lala21 Re: mexican themed party - 11/23/07 03:55 AM
thanks for the tip!
Posted By: BellaDeb Re: mexican themed party - 11/23/07 04:31 AM
A build-your-own Mexican food bar would work, too. Taco meat & shells )hard & soft) with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, refried or black beans, cheese, jalapenos, avacado slices or guacamole, salsa, etc. Or, do the same items (add some chicken if you like) with chips and let everyone build their own nachos (add some cheese dip and maybe a few different kinds of salsa.)

This can mostly be prepped early, too!

Margaritas are always good (in my margarita-lovin' opinion). Or do a tequila sunrise.

Or keep it really simple and serve Corona and shots of Tequila! (good luck with that--tequila shots are my dr jekyl/ms. hyde drink) LOL

Posted By: lala21 Re: mexican themed party - 11/23/07 07:04 AM
I LOVE that idea of the build your own food bar! So simple but fun at the same time!!! thanks smile

... Im a big fan of margaritas tooo!
Posted By: Susan - Mexican Food Re: mexican themed party - 11/24/07 03:40 AM
A favorite drink at the Reef Yucatan in Telchac Puerto is the Reef Capitan. It's a beautiful shade of pale blue!
It's essentially a pina colada with a few additions.

Reef Capitan for 1

3 oz light rum
3 tbsp coconut cream
3 tbsp crushed pineapple
1 shot fresh orange juice
Dash of Blue Curacao

Put all ingredients into an electric blender with 2 cups of ice, and blend.
Posted By: lala21 Re: mexican themed party - 11/25/07 04:01 AM
sounds interesting smile thanks Susan
Posted By: Chelle - Marriage Editor Re: mexican themed party - 11/25/07 07:56 PM
Lala, I know you had originally talked about it being a winter themed party. So why not do mexican hot chocolate? Hot cocoa w/ cinnamon, and some recipes even call for a little bit of cayenne.

Or instead of a wine and cocktail bar, do a coffee and cocoa bar, with a few alcohols and toppings that are reminiscent of Mexico: Kahlua, Tia Maria, cinnamon, whipped topping, etc.

Here's a link that might help:
Food Network's Coffee Break
Posted By: lala21 Re: mexican themed party - 11/26/07 11:49 PM
thats a great idea!!
© BellaOnline Forums