BellaOnline

Hi from Puglia

Posted By: salento

Hi from Puglia - 07/15/08 12:25 PM

Hi there

I'm new to the forum so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm British but I live in Puglia in southern Italy with my boyfriend and our 18 mo baby, Michelangelo (called Mickey in the UK!)

I write a blog about our daily life as well as loads about the local food and recipesBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: ItalianFood

Re: Hi from Puglia - 07/16/08 01:57 AM

Ciao!

I think Puglia is a beautiful region. We spent a lovely week at Rodi Garganico one year.

Here is my Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe Recipe:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Angie

Re: Hi from Puglia - 07/16/08 02:35 AM

My grandmother was from Alberobello in Puglia. I understand she was known as a wonderful cook.

Re: Hi from Puglia - 07/16/08 08:47 AM

Hi, I had a look at your recipe and can certify that it is 100% authentic! We also like to make it with cauliflower.

Right now it is too hot to cook anything inside during the day - I need an outdoor cooker like everyone else round here!

Posted By: "Rosie"

Re: Hi from Puglia - 07/16/08 08:50 AM

Salento, Welcome to the forum. hope you enjoy your stay
Posted By: rachael24

Re: Hi from Puglia - 07/17/08 07:15 PM

Hello and welcome to an awesome forum!
Posted By: Paula Laurita

Re: Hi from Puglia - 07/17/08 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: salento
Hi, I had a look at your recipe and can certify that it is 100% authentic! We also like to make it with cauliflower.

Right now it is too hot to cook anything inside during the day - I need an outdoor cooker like everyone else round here!

Cauliflower is a great idea! I'll have to try that.

Re: Hi from Puglia - 07/19/08 02:36 AM

Do you have a recipe for "sauted" green beans with garlic and oil?

Re: Hi from Puglia - 07/19/08 07:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Angie
Do you have a recipe for "sauted" green beans with garlic and oil?

I can never get this one right! My beans always end up a horrible murky green and floppy :-(

Re: Hi from Puglia - 07/20/08 02:35 AM

I don't know that I cooked them right but I browned the garlic in olive oil and added the fresh green beans and then added about 1/4 cup of water and steamed them for a few minutes. My friend who came over for dinner said she blanches the beans and then adds the garlic and olive oil.

I don't know which is correct or if you can add other seasonings.

The beans weren't floppy and were good but they probably could have been better.
© 2020 BellaOnline Forums