BellaOnline
Posted By: Adoption Editor Favorite Treats for Santa? - 12/15/09 03:13 AM
Here are a few treat ideas that can be left for Santa and his Reindeer:

Santa and Reindeer Recipes

Please share your favorite treats that you and your kids leave for Santa! smile
Those are cute ideas.

My kids were different... they always left Santa a big ham sandwich from the leftover ham and homemade bread from Christmas dinner. After all, he needs sustenance!

And nine baby carrots-one for each reindeer. smile Rudolph's had a maraschino cherry on the end.

Posted By: Adoption Editor Re: Favorite Treats for Santa? - 12/15/09 03:39 AM
Hi Angie!

I LOVE your idea of leaving a big ham sandwich for Santa!

And the carrots for the reindeer are a perfect idea--especially Rudolph's! smile

Thank you so much for sharing!

I can't wait to here what wonderful treats Santa will be enjoying on Christmas Eve this year! smile

P.S....

Did you say homemade bread?? wink I was just looking at breadmakers for a possible Christmas gift (admission--for myself).

Do you have any suggestions or tips?
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: Favorite Treats for Santa? - 12/15/09 03:50 AM
Oh, and I love the carrots idea, especially the cherry-topped carrot for Rudolph! So cute!
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Favorite Treats for Santa? - 12/15/09 04:48 AM
Thanks Brandi! Cute responses too! My kids do leave for Santa and the reindeer as well! One year santa got a really sloppy sandwich w/way too much mayo. and some salami thrown on there and for measure a slice of american cheese. We still giggle that the kids thought that he needed more than just cookies and milk! After all it is a hard job going all over the world in just one night! Too cute!

Mary Caliendo
Posted By: Adoption Editor Re: Favorite Treats for Santa? - 12/17/09 04:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Chi-Japanese Food
Oh, and I love the carrots idea, especially the cherry-topped carrot for Rudolph! So cute!

I thought that was so cute too! smile
Posted By: Adoption Editor Re: Favorite Treats for Santa? - 12/17/09 04:24 AM
Originally Posted By: mary-tea1
Thanks Brandi! Cute responses too! My kids do leave for Santa and the reindeer as well! One year santa got a really sloppy sandwich w/way too much mayo. and some salami thrown on there and for measure a slice of american cheese. We still giggle that the kids thought that he needed more than just cookies and milk! After all it is a hard job going all over the world in just one night! Too cute!

Mary Caliendo

I'm thinking Santa is going to be getting lots of tasty food this year, as well as his reindeer! smile

I think that will keep them well fed to get through their long (but happy) night of work! smile

Originally Posted By: Cook4Kids&Adoption Editor
Hi Angie!
P.S....

Did you say homemade bread?? wink I was just looking at breadmakers for a possible Christmas gift (admission--for myself).

Do you have any suggestions or tips?

I have never used a bread machine, but my sister and her husband love theirs. I only make bread at certain times of the year nowadays, but the biggest tip I have is patience. Homemade bread is not something that should be rushed. The next tip would be to make sure you don't use too much flour when kneading the dough.

Have fun!
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Favorite Treats for Santa? - 12/17/09 05:02 PM
I have a bread machine, I used to use all the time, but of recent have not touched it in several years! Smells like mom is in the house (she actually made it homemade-no machine needed)when I was a kid. Mine is many years old and I will bet that the newer ones are made slightly smaller and perhaps easier to clean too.
Mary Caliendo
© BellaOnline Forums