BellaOnline
Posted By: Adoption Editor Favorite Childhood Lunchbox Thread - 08/15/08 05:29 PM
Back to school time makes me think back to lunchboxes!

What were your favorite childhood lunchboxes?

I had a plastic, hot pink My Little Pony lunchbox with a matching thermos. I felt so proud, lol! blush

My favorite was actually not a cartoony one, but the old-style Tupperware lunchbox they used to make, the ones that had the rubber handle that slipped around it. Mine was yellow. It had all those neat little boxes and containers that you could pack and keep your food separate and contained, and it didn't get messed up.

I wonder if they still make those?
Hi Michelle

I know just what you are talking about! I loved all of the compartments.

If you Google lunch boxes, there are some great lunchbox fan sites out there. Do your kids have lunchboxes or are they older?

smile
Posted By: mary-tea1 Re: Favorite Childhood Lunchbox Thread - 08/15/08 09:33 PM
When I was a young girl, they still had metal lunchboxes, and as always the brown bag, but I was the only one on the block who had a red plaid lunch box that looked like a purse and had a thermos to match. I was "it" that year, my girlfriends all loved it and then one day on the way home from school, it was wet and icy and I was running and I fell! I bit the dust hard! I cried all the way home, and needless to say when my mom was cleaning the thermos that evening, it crushed inside! Unuseable, done. I still continued to use it, but it was never the same! Boo-hooo
Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Originally Posted By: Cooking For Kids Editor
Do your kids have lunchboxes or are they older?

smile

Actually, my oldest son is the one who needs the lunchbox the most! He's a Jr in highs school. They get 30 minutes for lunch, but it takes almosdt 20 minutes to get through the line!!!! And he is the one with Asperger's, so he really needs a few minutes to get "settled" at lunchtime. So I always pack his lunch.

The two younger ones split between taking lunch and eating at school.
Back during the late 70's I was in elementary school and had the cutest Holly Hobbie metal lunch box w/ a matching thermos that me mudder would pack my tomato soup in (still my fave lunch to this day.. lol) About a year ago I was at her house and she sent me down to look for something on the shelf in the basement pantry... there the thermos still sat~ no idea where the actual lunch box ended up though smile
I'm reviving an old thread, but a fun topic! smile

What was your favorite childhood lunchbox?

What is or was your child's favorite lunchbox?

© BellaOnline Forums