BellaOnline
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Latter Day Saints - 01/01/11 09:38 PM
Hi Everyone:

At the age of 52 I am finding myself intrigued by things I do not know = a zest for learning as much as I can.

Anyway, I had no idea what LDS mean't, so I went to the internet and thank goodness was able to find out.

So with this said, any "Latter Day Saints" out there?

I remember 3 young men who stopped by my mom's place and I learn't about how they were riding their bicycles and living a very simple life - their choice. My respect went up for this religion because before I got a chance to talk to these young men, I had no idea what was involved.

Thank you,
Angela
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Latter Day Saints - 12/26/11 08:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Angela J. Shirley
Hi Everyone:

At the age of 52 I am finding myself intrigued by things I do not know = a zest for learning as much as I can.

Anyway, I had no idea what LDS mean't, so I went to the internet and thank goodness was able to find out.

So with this said, any "Latter Day Saints" out there?

I remember 3 young men who stopped by my mom's place and I learn't about how they were riding their bicycles and living a very simple life - their choice. My respect went up for this religion because before I got a chance to talk to these young men, I had no idea what was involved.

Thank you,
Angela
Posted By: Jamie - LDS Families Ed Re: Latter Day Saints - 04/29/12 11:53 PM
Hey Angela! My guss is you haven't been back here in a long while, but I see you took the time to post this message a couple of times, so I thought I'd answer on the off chance you stop by again. blush

I'm the editor of the LDSFamilies site here. LDS means "Latter-day Saint,"as in, THe Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, more commonly known as 'Mormons,' after one of our books of scripture, 'The Book of Mormon.' THe young men who came to oyur home , if they were indeed memebrs of The Church and not an offshoot denomination, were missionaries. Young men and women, as well as older couples, serve missions. Young men go for two years at their own expense, and give their lives and time over totally to prostelytize, perform community service, etc. During this time there are a dizzying number of rules they adhere to. My husband went on a mission before we got married. I know the scarifice and constant companionship of the partners he was assigned prepared him to be a more patient and compromizing spouse than he otherwise would have been at 21!

If you have any specific question or interest in discussing the LDS faith just let me know! Feel free to browse the site and email me as well!
© BellaOnline Forums