BellaOnline
Share your absolute favorite social networking site...if you could have only ONE. smile
Youtube! Killer site for traffic (alexa rank 3). I also love yahoo answers (alexa rank 4) right now. That is a great place to help people and get massive traffic for your site blog.

If I could only have one it would be youtube. People there are actually looking for solutions. FB is like trying to get business in a bar. FB has an alexa rank of 2 but it's no match for youtube and yahooo combined.
I think YouTube is overlooked as a social networking site. Thanks for mentioning it. I do like subscribing to my favorites there and even visit sites.

Answering questions is a great way to network. LinkedIn has a Questions area on a lot of different business topics so that is another great place depending on your business.

Hmmm, if I only had one, I might pick YouTube too, because there is so much there, music, book readings, funny entertainment etc.
Facebook!
Posted By: joanj Re: Your favorite social networking site is... - 11/25/11 07:07 PM
Monica, do you post videos on YouTube or just comment on videos? I'm interested in how you use YouTube to get traffic.

I've used Yahoo answers and gotten a little traffic from it but I haven't been on it in quite a while.
Monica, when you get traffic from yahoo answers do you get it by answering questions and having people look at your profile or do you put links to your site in the answer itself as the "authority" you're linking to?

I checked the open questions in health and frankly, they are very depressing! Lots of overweight, depressed or sick people who really don't have a clue where to begin searching for answers. Most of the questions really would require a book to answer.
@HealthyMom62, you should be allowed to post links in your answer (include theBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Thanks Vi, I'll give that a try.
Posted By: M o e Re: Your favorite social networking site is... - 01/05/12 07:27 AM
Twitter is definitely my favorite. If I had to pick a second it would be Facebook then Google+.
I like BOTH Twitter & Facebook when using this site. Sometimes Twitter acts up - but I still like it.

Have not had the time to research other options - but will.

Great subject as usual Violette!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Your favorite social networking site is... - 01/07/12 09:50 PM
Facebook, even though I also hate them for changing everything all the time. I don't like change these days!

But yes, still and only facebook.... sigh... wink
I use Facebook & Twitter only for my "How To Survive Unemployment" site - not ready to use it for personal reasons. Too public!

But my only child (age 25, daughter) lives on Facebok and I tried it once just to be a part of her life when she left home at age for college(lol), Ended up deactivating the account - so not me. But I agree, it is a wondeful free way to stay in contact with folks.

Anyone used their ads?

Is there a cost?

Yes, I have not had the time to investigate this as yet, but will have to if no one has the answer smile

Hugs,
A
© BellaOnline Forums