BellaOnline
Posted By: Jilly The "new" Facebook profile - good, bad or meh? - 01/06/11 03:20 AM
Are you using the new facebook profile? Is it an improvement, or do you wish you could go back to the one you had before?

I still have the old one.
One thing I miss about the old profile is that you could have fun stuff down the left side column. Music, or whatever. Now you can't add any personal stuff. Other than that, I could care less... I'll have totally forgotten about the "old" facebook in another month LOL.

I went and looked at your profile, and it's the new one.

All the profiles I look at look like the new ones.
The new Facebook profile is OK for me too, but how do we hide photos or prevent them from appearing at the top? It's a bit annoying to just have them put there indiscriminately- I find that a lot with Facebook. I stopped FB ing the articles I write becuase of that - too time-consuming to choose who you want to see them all the time. Didn't have much effect on traffic to my website anyway - the other sites I use are better:
Almost half my traffic comes from referring sites. I only post to Facebook and Twitter.

I suppose that someone else could have a link posted too... but I don't know.

As for the photos on the top of your facebook page - You can click on the photo and a little "x" will appear. If you click the "x" the photo will be removed. Of course you'd have to do that for each photo... I don't know of a shortcut.

Where do you post that you have more luck with than Facebook?
[color:#6666CC]I don't like the activity feed settings... it makes it really confusing to know who is seeing what, based on other people's privacy setting. Why do all my friends need to know whose wall I am commenting on and what I am saying? If they are mutual friends, they will see it anyway, so why this new "improved" activity feed that we have no control over.[/color]
I finally switched over to the new profile, since I was not going to have a choice soon anyway...it's okay.
At first I didn't think I'd like it, but now I do because I can choose what to show and I enjoy seeing what others wish to share about themselves.
The new Facebook profile soon won't be new any more - seems like you get an opportunity to choose for a while, then everything switches over anyway! For writing for the internet, the Likes and Fan features are important though.
meh is my reaction to the fb profile page
I didn't really notice that much difference but I only get on FB about once a day. I do like the photos posted at the top of my page now.
For my online writing business site I could really do with Facebook pages being more like actual websites....wish I had time to investigate that!
I do like the new line of photos at the top. You can delete ones you don't like if you scroll over them and look for the x.
© BellaOnline Forums