BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Two Types of People - 10/10/13 03:33 PM
there are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets
Posted By: loongdragon Re: Two Types of People - 10/10/13 05:01 PM
To Lisa.

Those that can!

Normand
Posted By: Jilly Re: Two Types of People - 10/10/13 05:37 PM
Lol, Lisa.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Two Types of People - 10/11/13 05:52 PM
There are two types of people in the world:

Those who crave closure
Posted By: loongdragon Re: Two Types of People - 10/11/13 06:42 PM
To Lisa ,

I understand very well the idea behind the description of the first type,however,I have no idea about your 2nd type of people.
Enlighten me please.

loong
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Two Types of People - 10/11/13 06:56 PM
Dear Loong -

It's a joke smile.

The joke is that those who crave closure will be quite upset because the sentence never finishes and lists the second type of people, who don't crave closure.
Posted By: loongdragon Re: Two Types of People - 10/11/13 07:17 PM
To Lisa,

Name me the 2 types of individuals on this planet!

loong
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Two Types of People - 10/11/13 07:20 PM
Those who crave closure, and those who don't crave closure smile
Posted By: loongdragon Re: Two Types of People - 10/11/13 08:29 PM
To Lisa,

Those who live just a survival human life and those who survive thanks to spirituality ,human objects non necessary.

loong
Posted By: leahmullen Re: Two Types of People - 10/11/13 09:08 PM
Actually there perhaps is a third type, they are not making sense out of the incomplete data set, nor do they *need* closure. They are just okay with leaving things open ended. They don’t mind living with ambiguity.

*I* am the type who needs closure, I need meaning, I need things to make sense which is why getting older is such a wonderful thing for me.

Erica Jong once wrote that life is best understood backwards. Now that I have 20 years experience as an adult, I can look back and say “Oh, that’s why I did such and such…or oh that’s why that happened..NOW I understand…oh that’s how life works etc…if you do this, that usually happens. Ohhhhh…I get it….“

Even if it was bone headed stuff I did or “bad” things that happened, at least I understand them now…and I can finally have some closure in many areas of my life. I have answers to questions that plagued me for two decades.

But I had to live long enough to get to this point.
Posted By: AKLisa- Knitting Editor Re: Two Types of People - 04/15/14 02:41 AM
This reminds of the joke about how 4 out of 3 people don't understand fractions.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Two Types of People - 02/02/21 08:55 PM
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
© BellaOnline Forums