BellaOnline
Posted By: DebbieMandel Taking the Mystery Out of Stress - 06/01/10 11:16 PM
It's true that we all boil at different points and have various triggers that set us off in a form of "road rage" in our own homes and offices. However, all these stressors share a common point - they all depend on perception. Stress is really not external, but internally driven. Since we all tend to make up a story about the facts, let's make up a good story, one with a happier plot line. Here are a couple of coping points about stress management I hope will make you smile:

I set the alarm clock to wake me up five minutes earlier to give me time to get a sense of control about my day and collect my thoughts.

When I wake up in the morning, I'm happy that I am above ground.

I accept the premise that life is a series of recoveries. Each stressor I face raises my stress threshold for the next one. I thoroughly enjoy the interim between stressors.

Since this is gardening season and I am an avid gardener (creativity is a great antidote to stress), I wish my readers this blessing: "May you bloom where you are planted!"

Posted By: controlmystress Re: Taking the Mystery Out of Stress - 06/01/10 11:34 PM
How incredibly interesting that you said, "May you bloom where you are planted." In a session with one of my cardiac rehab patients, he would like to challenge his stress awareness each day by asking himself, "How is my bloom today?"

I agree with you that how one thinks about life, or a particular situation...how one chooses to frame a situation is an important stress management technique. A very good one.

Thank you for the words you wrote that offered me an opportunity to remember in gratitude a dear soul.

Cathi
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Taking the Mystery Out of Stress - 06/16/10 10:00 PM
I love that thought. We each are in very different circumstances in life. Someone who is moving a lot might wish to be in one place. Someone who is in one place might dream about moving. We should all find ways to find peace with where we are - and also to work towards our goals.
© BellaOnline Forums