BellaOnline
Posted By: DebbieMandel What's causing those back aches? - 02/01/10 09:27 PM
In my line of work I have found that there is a link between stress and back aches, the kind of stress which is due to repressed anger, dissatisfaction or an emotional fear. Many of us turn to medication, that genie in a bottle, when we feel aches and pains. Somehow the pain is numbed a bit, but then rebounds even worse and soon we all need higher dosages of medication which come with many side effects. To get rid of your pain naturally, replace it with activities where you generate joy and creativity - carving out a time and space where you lose track of time and most importantly your stress!
To deal with back aches:
� Walk it out in sunlight with headphones
� Stretch daily
� Practice reframing negatives into positives
� Strengthen your core with specific exercises
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: What's causing those back aches? - 02/02/10 12:31 AM
Hey Debbie

I have a client who suffers from this a ton (actually two ladies). They don't seem to see the connection when it's happening but I can see it.

They are usually super stressed at work or at school and with family issues then boom all of a sudden their back goes out.

All your suggestions are so great and they really do work so much better than meds or alcohol which is a solution many use.

I don't get that stressed anymore but when I did yoga and going for an easy walk always helped me a lot.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What's causing those back aches? - 02/15/10 04:27 AM
It is always so surprising that people under stress have these issues but don't realize it is connected to the stress. I think they get so used to the stress over time that it becomes "normal" to them and they cannot realize the stress is having a serious effect on their health.
Posted By: fabiola7386 Re: What's causing those back aches? - 02/25/10 09:15 AM
Back aches are a frequent complaint in adults and can result from numerous causes. Back aches can refer to pain felt in any part of the back, though the cause tends to localize the pain to certain areas, like the lower or upper back or the neck. Certain conditions can predispose one toward feeling back pain
© BellaOnline Forums