BellaOnline
Posted By: Jilly Where do you park your RV? - 05/07/10 01:54 AM
If you don't live in your RV, do you park it at home (in the yard, driveway, a garage?), or at a storage for RVs that you have to pay for?

If you live in your RV, do you have a 'home base' where you 'park' yourself for a regular span of time?
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Where do you park your RV? - 05/07/10 02:20 AM
My parents are retired. They don't have an RV they do have one of those really long trailers that they used to pull behind their suburban and go on vacations.

Now they keep it stored at a campground on the other side of the bay in Maryland. They call the camp ground when they want to go and spend a week or so. It gets pulled out to a lot and they go and enjoy the peace and quiet. They go fishing and crabbing.

I went down with them a couple of times years ago. Loved it!!! They thought about getting an RV, but know they're really happy with their campsite.
Posted By: RV Editor Erin Re: Where do you park your RV? - 05/08/10 06:51 PM
Right now my rig is parked and just itching for a fun road trip!

I've always liked the idea of what Dianne's folks do where they have their trailer stored at the campground of their choice and it's pulled out when they want to come visit. It's a good consideration for Snowbirds, that is for sure. Just to leave the RV down south and fly or drive down and stay in it for the winter.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Where do you park your RV? - 05/09/10 12:03 AM
I'm living in my RV right now and it's parked in the driveway of an abandoned home. Long story. :-)

Soon I am hoping to buy some land and put my RV on it. I do like not having to go from Campground to Campground unless i actually want to. My campground club has a 21 day limit, where you have to move on to the next one.

I am itching to actually own property and have a garden, reliable internet and a mailbox. It's been so nice hanging out in this driveway, but the house will be auctioned off next month, so I must be moving on.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Where do you park your RV? - 06/30/10 11:26 PM
YAY! I got the land all sorted out. It turns out i had to buy land with a house already on it, to be able to park and live in the RV. Weird, but there it is.

So i bought a 1/4 acre parcel with a really shabby house on it. And I'm here now! I am working the soil and slowly fixing the outbuilding cottage in the back to be an art studio.

And I can take the RV anywhere I want, at any time. Tis was a good solution. :-)
Posted By: RV Editor Erin Re: Where do you park your RV? - 07/01/10 07:12 PM
Is that in Camp Verde?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Where do you park your RV? - 07/02/10 11:33 PM
You have the perfect solution Jilly! I'm so happy for you!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Where do you park your RV? - 07/03/10 03:49 AM
Yes, in Camp Verde. Thank you, Lisa.
Posted By: RV Editor Erin Re: Where do you park your RV? - 07/05/10 01:42 AM
HOW COOL! I'll be keeping up with your adventures!!
© BellaOnline Forums