BellaOnline
Unbelievable - gas is at record highs and diesel is up there, too. The Recreational Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) recently did a survey and found that 76% of RV owners intend to use their RVs more than last year, 20% as much as last year, and a mere 4% less than last year.

Another study says that RVers will not adjust their travel plans until gas exceeds $3.50/gallon.

Does all that ring true with you?

If you are still traveling are you making any changes in your discretionary spending such as eating out less, waiting on that RV item purchase or staying closer to home?

Let me know your thoughts on these questions...we'd all love to know...post a reply today...

Evanne
This is something we are worried about. We are having our first RV trip this summer. For 3 weeks, across Canada. Well from Ontario to BC anyway. It already costs so much for rentals etc.
I want to travel full time but since I'm on a fixed income the gas prices really concern me. Right now we are staying put.
I think the gas prices will effect everyone's vacations. A friend of mine has to travel from NC to Ohio twice in order to get his daughter for a couple of weeks and then he will make the very same trip in July to do it again. He estimated this will cost him a total of 1000.00 to do this twice. So as far as vacations or RV trips maybe everyone should consider riding airplanes they are way cheaper if you consider what you will spend on gas in different cities and states.
© BellaOnline Forums