BellaOnline
Posted By: Jilly Time to plan my winter travels - 10/12/12 11:24 PM
This year I am going to be a lot more proactive about traveling in my RV. I keep waiting for my friends to want to do stuff, and they just talk big and act small. I can't wait anymore; i will just have to do it alone.

It's time for me to explore Slab City, that I know. And I will enjoy being near the Holtville Hot Springs and the lower colorado river. I will have my solar panels, my low watt appliances, a lot of books, and my kayak.

That will be a good base of ops for visiting family in San Diego also, and for more exploration of Yuma, a town i am thinking of living in.

I also want to spend some time on the land I own up north a bit on the river, south of vegas.

I will be taking the small trailer, not the big motorhome.

I need to decide which months i want to do this. It's coldish here from dec-feb, so that might be a good time.

PS - Not sure what to do with my cats. There are five. Last time I left i don't think the person i had feeding them was keeping up with it. But since she was doing it for free, do i have the right to complain?

Posted By: RV Editor Erin Re: Time to plan my winter travels - 10/16/12 12:34 AM
Yeah, you can't wait for other people to go with you, you definitely have to go alone. You certainly need to head to Slab City, sorry you will miss getting to meet Leonard Knight, creator of Salvation Mountain. Sounds like you will have plenty of activities to keep you busy.

That will be a good base for visiting San Diego and checking out Yuma. We loved Yuma when we stayed there. It is a darling little town.

Is your land anywhere near Laughlin? December through February seem to be great months for tootling around in those areas. Plus, you can hang out in Quartzsite that last week of January. That will make me very jealous! Tee hee

Is there any way that you can bring your cats with you? If your friend offered to feed them for free, then it was her responsibility to keep them fed. No matter what, they were in her care so I think you have a right to complain. smile
Posted By: Jilly Re: Time to plan my winter travels - 05/22/13 01:02 AM
I did manage to get my smaller trailer (Logan) to Yuma over over the winter. I like staying there in him. It's way too hot not, though.

I figured out the solution to the cat dilemma. They will come with me to San Diego and sleep in the tent with me at my parents' place, and just hang in the yard during the day. That's what they do now, in any case, in Camp Verde.
Posted By: RV Editor Erin Re: Time to plan my winter travels - 05/23/13 07:32 PM
The kitties will LOVE that!
© BellaOnline Forums