BellaOnline
Posted By: Sylvie - Reptiles What is a Loggerhead Sea Turtle? - 04/04/11 12:32 AM
It doesn't have anything to do with logs but it is a sea turtle! Why not find out how it got its name? Read all about it more in my latest article! Enjoy!

The Loggerhead Sea Turtle
Hey Sylvie:

Are you involved in any organizations that deal with turtles?

I know when I lived in Orlando, Florida - they had some very "strict" rules about folks using lights near the water's edges when turtle hatching season was here.

Thanks,
Angela,

No, I'm not involved in any special organizations dealing with turtles but not for lack of interest. You see, I live in Manitoba Canada and the only ocean we have nearby is the Arctic Ocean where turtles can't survive. In Orlando, I understand that rule since they guide hatchlings away from the water, one of the cause of the depletion in their population.
Hey Sylvie, thanks for the info - I didnot realize that Canada does not have them smile
Originally Posted By: Sylvie - Reptiles
Angela,

No, I'm not involved in any special organizations dealing with turtles but not for lack of interest. You see, I live in Manitoba Canada and the only ocean we have nearby is the Arctic Ocean where turtles can't survive. In Orlando, I understand that rule since they guide hatchlings away from the water, one of the cause of the depletion in their population.
© BellaOnline Forums