BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa - Moms natural cleaners - 06/21/08 03:49 PM
Do you think the green Clorox products are truly natural and safe for the home?

I haven't checked them out - but I tend to be doubtful.
Does anyone use them?
Posted By: Colleen I NL Editor Re: natural cleaners - 06/22/08 01:29 AM
Hi Lisa,
The reviews sound pretty good - in fact, Sierra Club has endorsed the products. Since they are only 99% 'natural' there is some skepticism about the 1% of ingredients which includes synthetic dyes, a preservative and SLS (an ingredient which has many concerned).

You can read more here:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Lisa - Moms Re: natural cleaners - 06/22/08 05:22 AM
Good point. I use a lot of vinegar too.

I don't know why I'm still searching for something in a bottle. smile
Posted By: bricore Re: natural cleaners - 06/23/08 01:45 PM
I am a BIG vinegar fan (kills up to 98% germs.) I also LOVE baking soda for cleaning.

I can't say for sure about the green products at the stores but they say it's good.

I just try to stick to vinegar because I know for sure what it is.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson
Posted By: giftbaskets Re: natural cleaners - 06/24/08 09:10 AM

hi
before doing everything you need to check that whether its a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency certified or not
Posted By: 1stclasscleaning Re: natural cleaners - 07/02/08 10:49 AM
hello
what does mean U.S. Environmental Protection Agency certified .
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: natural cleaners - 07/31/08 09:26 PM
I got a bunch of the 7th Generation products to review from Amazon and while they are certainly very natural and safe, they just aren't stellar at cleaning. You have to work a lot longer and harder for the same results. Of course it's a tradeoff - you're using elbow grease instead of harsh chemicals smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: natural cleaners - 08/02/08 10:20 PM
If you aren't in the US, you can probably disregard this... smile Here's what I found when I Googled it.

Originally Posted By: 1stclasscleaning
hello
what does mean U.S. Environmental Protection Agency certified .
Posted By: Colleen I NL Editor Toxic Household Cleaners - 08/07/08 02:45 AM
Hi everyone,
This week's article might help with some ideas for natural cleaners:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
© BellaOnline Forums