BellaOnline
Are you looking for natural solutions for your digestion? No matter what your issue is, these herbs can help. Read on to find out more, and be sure to consult with your doctor.

Natural Herbs for Digestion
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Natural Herbs for Digestion - 08/03/18 05:43 AM
I've never heard of gentian! And I love herbs, too. That's interesting! Can you grow that? I grow lots of dandelions :).

I am honestly not sure if we can grow gentian in New England or even if it grows wild. I think there are some false friends growing in the woods out here. I used to bump into it growing wild when I lived in Germany in the alps and I started to fall in love with it as a medicinal herb when I lived out there.

I personally buy gentian root in bulk from Mountain Rose Herbs - https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/products/gentian-root/profile

I have also heard that angostura bitters (that we use in cocktails) has gentian root in it, but the company is somewhat secretive about the actual formula.

I "grow" a lot of dandelions too. Or rather, they're in the lawn and since our whole yard is organic, we just leave them be. I dig out some of the roots in October, scrub them clean, and dry them.
© BellaOnline Forums